X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 60 T-Bird
    Experienced
    • Jun 2 2010

Price of Paint and Interior

I hope this is the proper spot to post. I am the new husband of a 1960 T-Bird here in California. It's original color was gray. In the late 80's a cheapy aqua metallic was oversprayed on it. I want to put it back to stock. It has just a couple of pin holes near the trunk. and bubbling around the fender wells. I know how to lead, so I can do that and finish with minute amounts of epoxy filler. But I don't paint. The interior is shot too. I know I can get a new dash for around $350 but the carpet, overhead, doors and all seats need to be re-done.
    I'm not looking for a concourse job. My intention is to have a daily driver that can withstand moderate weather. Based on this info, what will the range be in price? If it looks good from 20 feet, I'll be happy. My guess is $2500 for the paint and $1800 for the interior. Am I close?
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
  • Coral
    Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Those figures will be close Martin...
    the dash price is closer to 500.00 these days...
    seat upholstery is around 450.00, (if you need new foam add about 350.00 per set) carpet 130.00, headliner 40.00

The problem will be the door and kick panels - if you go back for the stock look the 'birds (different per year) have specialized lower door panel material that is copied to the kick panels, and is pricey.
    A panel set (8 pieces) costs around 800.00 on their own.. :eek
    But that being said, the door and kick panels can be done much cheaper without the specialized material...

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎