No announcement yet.

Hawkrod brakes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawkrod brakes

Tom just checked pics about your wheel disc brake conversion. Very cool if you still have parts list kicking around could you post as i have 63 and was 31 sspline just your upgrade and what was it from thanks in advance Jeff
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Tom hasn't posted since August of 2010.
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Ok thankyou dave. Jeff

Comment

• KULTULZ

Originally posted by 63Tealbird

Tom just checked pics about your wheel disc brake conversion. Very cool if you still have parts list kicking around could you post as i have 63 and was 31 sspline just your upgrade and what was it from thanks in advance Jeff
        Can you show that particular post? I cannot find it with the SEARCH FEATURE.

Comment

hawkrod. brakes

Gary. Pg 19. From post Raptor1962. 66brakes on to 61 first posted reply follow like really cool jeff post dated. 01/25/2008

Comment

• KULTULZ

Gary. Pg 19. From post Raptor1962. 66brakes on to 61 first posted reply follow like really cool jeff post dated. 01/25/2008
            THANX!

I cannot draw it out (computer challenged).

Can someone help an old guy out?

Comment

Gary found parts pg 17 disc brake conversion are they worth it a bit of fabrication but maybe a week spare time or weekend once parts gathered. Jeff

Comment

• KULTULZ

I cannot find the page...

Comment

• YellowRose
                  Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hawkrod brakes

Maybe this will help. Here is the thread where Hawkrod did his conversion. In this thread you will find the link to his pictures, which is still up. I just looked at all 33 pix. In that link, if you click on his name, Tom Cherry Hawkrod, you will find where you can email him. As noted, it has been some time since he has been on the Forum, so I do not know if that is still a good email address or not. But you might get lucky.

http://www.squarebirds.org/vbulletin...ead.php?t=3817

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                  The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                  Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                  Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                  https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Far right hand side first drag over and click over until you come to 17 after page back from this post blue arrow pointing left top of your search engine google yahoo what ever hope this helps. Basiclly 65/66 spindles discs calipers modified shock tower brace rears much more involved MKVII. Lincoln lax type totally custom 4wheel disc brakes for a bullet (also heard referred to as torpedo birds) good luck. Jeff

Comment

hawkrod brake

Gary return from this to first page on top right scroll to pg 17 good luck. Jeff

Comment

Hawkrod brakes

Gary any luck return from this post top right 2 3 4 to page 17 this forum bestof luck

Comment

Also try tbirdranch.com has kit that retains stock spindles not to bad under 500$

Comment

• KULTULZ

Gary any luck return from this post top right 2 3 4 to page 17 this forum bestof luck
                            Ray was king enough to point this seasoned citizen in the right direction...

I am confused. The post I read was more concerning a rear disc changeover. You are interested in a later BIRD front KH fixed caliper upgrade, right?

Comment

Working on.63 front disc upgrade a must rear disc just acool idea and not to bad for former steelworker.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎