X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, tbird-kid !!

Welcome to Squarebirds, Peter! Peter hales from Australia and owns a 1959 hardtop 3 Speed Manual with overdrive! We enjoy seeing pictures of our members Tbirds. So, if you have any you would like to share with us, please send Cathie ~ Coral, an email or Private Message (PM) and she will be glad to tell you how to go about doing that. We have the greatest Tbird Techies from around the world on here. If you need help, have questions, or have information to help others, please post away in the Squarebirds Forum. Should you have problems navigating our Forum, please contact me. Enjoy the Journey!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • bird 60
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 18 2009

Welcome

Welcome Pete,

I am from Australia as well, Adelaide S.A. What part of OZ are you from?

Happy Cruisin'

Chris....From the Land of OZ.

Comment

• tbird-kid
      • Jan 7 2010

Hi Chris,
      Thanks for welcoming me... I'm in Adelaide (Flagstaff Hill),
      A 58-60 tbird has been a life long dream for me. I do own two other cars (Buick+Fairlane) I do run on Ford blood.
      I've just imported the car, I unpacked it 3 days ago... and drove it home from Smithfield.... that was a hoot... especially with the 3 on the tree.... kinda reminds me of a fish-shop Falcon.. hehe.
      I owned a Yellow '64 Tbird 89-99, that was the 15th LHD car to be passed under the somewhat new LHD Scheme...I sold it Nov 30 to two guys.....
      From the day those 2 boys drove off it in.... nobody has EVER seen it since.... never, anywhere.
      My '59 is Red with white top, all red trim... I don't believe its the original colors.... but... What the heck, I've ALWAYS driven my cars, I use one or the other on a daily basis....
      I've tried fruitlessly to buy a squarebird a number of times in the past 30 years (since I was 16) while I've owned a number of American cars.... a SB just never happen.... for the past 3 days, I've been outside looking at it wondering what I need to do to get it regency approved.... not much I hope.... but I am trying to find an engine oil leak... and.... I don't like those down draft oil breather pipes.... I can't work them out?? hahaha...
      I would like to upload some pics of the '59.... but I'm just feeling my way around the site at the moment...
      Regards Peter

Comment

Welcome Peter
        Sounds like you have a fine ride where did you get it. When you have time send us some pictures. You mention that you didn't like the down draft pipe you can change that if you want to hook into the vacum at the carb. it works very good
        Bob M
        Kentucky USA

Comment

• simplyconnected
          Administrator
          • May 26 2009

Hi Peter, welcome to Squarebirds. It's always good to see more Thunderbirders from OZ.

Originally posted by tbird-kid
          I would like to upload some pics of the '59.... but I'm just feeling my way around the site at the moment...
          In the black bar above, click on 'User CP' (control panel), give Coral a Personal Message. She will get your picture posted. I would love to see your '59.

Jump in on any conversation and feel free to give us your opinions. - Dave Dare
          Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
          --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• bird 60
            Super-Experienced
            • Mar 18 2009

Hi Pete,

I live in Allenby Gardens which is about 10 miles from you.
            Are you going on the Zipple Cruise Tomorrow Evening? I'm contemplating the idea as you know it's supposed to be 41F-105C. My '60 T.B. is also Red with a White Top. I am organizing a ThunderBird Cruise for March, yours should be way ready by then. Any questions getting it through Regency get in touch & I'll help you out. My phone # 8241-5348, mobile 0414384208.

Give me a Buzz.

Chris

Comment

• bird 60
              Super-Experienced
              • Mar 18 2009

OOOOPS!!!!!

Correction on the temperature, supposed to be the other way around. 41C-105F.

Chris

Comment

• scumdog
                Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Welcome Pete from another T-birder from 'Downunder'! (even if from across the Tasman 'Strait'..hehe!)
                Keep posting here - you can learn a lot from these guys.
                A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

Hey Peter,
                  Welcome to Squarebirds! Jump on in and enjoy the ride. He you will find the most experienced old car enthusiasts anywhere in the world and pretty good mechanics also. Ask questions and comment when you can, input is a must. We also like pictures!
                  Once again welcome!!!
                  Richard D. Hord

Comment

• tbird-kid
                    • Jan 7 2010

Thanks Ray... Yellowrose.... Chris.... Dave Dare.....Bob M... Scumdog and Richard....

You Guys are ok... Makin' me feel real welcome.

Bob M.... I found it on line in a small island called Vashon, in Seattle somewhere...haha, I had some best friends of mine drive up, pay for it and bring it home to their place in San Fran... then they took it to the shipping yard for me. They are REAL Good friends, I own a '57 Fairlane retractable also... I bought it on ebay back in 2004, they were the owners, we've been close ever since....
                    I'd love to do that with the oil pipe... is it easy?....

Dave.... thanks for the info on the pics upload.... I'll do that..

Chris...Yes I'll be there, I'll have both cars out tomorrow the '57 Skyliner and '59 Buick, as.... I've got too many people that want to come with me.... don't laugh, always happens..
                    I think you were at Uraidler also?, parked next to a blue '59 Chev, if my memory serves me correct??... haha... if it is you, I'm the guy bringing in ANOTHER Squarebird, a red with black roof '60... for a guy also called Peter.... Expensive car... Woohoo... he's sure putting his faith in me, first time for him buying a car from America... haha... I've done it more times than my wife's made me breakfast... hehe..

I work real strange hours... sometimes I might get a few words in... then log off and go to work, just letting y'all know just in case anyone wonders why I'm not answering within a short while of activity...

Great to be here....
                    I'm happy....
                    Regards
                    Tbird-kid
                    Last edited by tbird-kid; January 8, 2010, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• YellowRose
                      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, tbird-kid !!

Hi tbird-kid! When you post pictures, I am sure the guys would love to see your '57 Skyliner, especially simplyconnected, and your '59 Buick! Many of us also like the Big Fords, and other cars. You can post pictures in the Our Rides Forum. That forum is especially for those who would like to show off their rides. It sounds like you found some very good friends in San Francisco!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Peter also welcome to our truly international site where you will find some of the most knowledgeable birders around. Ask any questionanswer where you canand participate often
                        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                        Thunderbird Registry
                        58HT #33317
                        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍