• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rockin Kev
    Experienced
    • Oct 31 2002

POWER GOLDE SUNROOF IN A 1973 BUICK

Hi
    OK its not Squarebird Golde information but still very inportant as a friend of mine has just imported a 1973 Buick with a Golde Power Roof.
    Whats interesting about it is that in the glovebox of the car was a mint condition ASC Brochure.
    It shows all the parts for the power roof and dealerships around America where you can get your Golde Power roof.
    The photos in the book and the roof on the Buick is the same design as the power roof in my Thundwerbird. My power roof has been a long haul process of fitting and i am just waiting on some rear lifters then we are done on it.
    I have asked to borrow the book so i can photo copy it and e-mail pictures for all to see so check back here soon.
    Kev 1960 430 golde
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: POWER GOLDE SUNROOF IN A 1973 BUICK

That is interesting.

We look forward to seeing the finished product.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

• Rockin Kev
      Experienced
      • Oct 31 2002

>Alex,
      I have the photos of the ASC Brochure now and will try and send you some so i hope it can be opened your end.
      And it justs gets better, Nick Matthews who own's the Buick is sourced a company here who still stocks Golde Parts! and a source in CA.
      I have just ordered new rear lifters for my powered roof on my 430 so it will be soon up and running...finally.
      Kev.

Comment

Please can you send me the photos. I'm very interested in having a look. Where did you source the golde parts from.

Many Thanks

Andy

Comment

Hi, I have just got myself a 60 Bird with Golde Top, do you have the contact in CA for parts.

Thanks
          Dennis, Brisbane, Australia

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Your 1960 Golde Sunroof Tbird

Hi Dennis,

Congratulations on your '60 Golde Top Tbird! Here are two main CA Tbird parts companies that you should be able to find anything you need from.

Thunderbird Headquarters - 800-227-2174 Their Email: parts@tbirdhq.com Website: http://www.tbirdhq.com/ Address: 4020 Pike Lane Concord, CA 94520

Larry's Thunderbird & Mustang Parts - 800-854-0393 Their Email: info@larrystbird.com
            Address: 1180 California Ave.#B Corona, CA 92881

This one is in Nevada - Concours Parts & Accessories - 800- 722-0009 Website: http://www.concoursparts.com/ You can contact them through their website Address: 3493 Arrowhead Drive, Carson City, NV 89706

Another great company to do business with is Bird Nest in Oregon. 800-232-6378 Their Email: don@tbirdparts.com Website: www.tbirdparts.com Address: 1091 Willamette Falls Dr., West Linn, OR 97068 They have a lot of parts cars and Don has a ton of knowledge and experience with these old Birds.

The 800 numbers probably will not do you any good, but at least you have their email addresses, and their websites to contact them through. Ask them to send you their catalogs. Most are free. Good Birding!
            Last edited by YellowRose; July 10, 2008, 10:02 AM. Reason: Additional information

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
            Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Penelope
              Super-Experienced
              • Mar 4 2008

Tips for getting parts from USA to Oz

Hi Dennis, congrats on the bird (I am jealous). Tbird HQ & Larry's T Birds both have excellent catalogues that they will post to you free of charge. I have found both of them very good at customer service once you have established your credentials.

Try and keep your order under $1000AUD and the mean Customs people wont add 10% GST to your order (they add it to the freight costs as well!) Under $1000 and they dont bother. I have an email address for a guy from Larry's that I am happy to pass on if you PM me.

I look forward to seeing pics of your car!

Bill
              sigpicBill
              Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Dennis welcome to our site and congrats on the 60 Golde Top.If I can help you navigate or site send me an e-mail pm.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                Thunderbird Registry
                58HT #33317
                60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡