This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Super-Experienced

bird 60 is on a distinguished road

Ray, I tip my hat off to you & the other knowledgeable guys relating to chasing up the authenticity of Gregs Bird.
One would have thought that it would be a straight forward situation, but obviously it's not.
However the end result I hope it finishes on a happy note.
It's shaping up to be like a who dunnit mystery novel.

Chris....From the Land of Oz.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:36 PM
Experienced

trim code 76 is on a distinguished road

Guys,
Please excuse my bad memory, the car is at the paint shop as alas there was no way I could save the original paint (It sat rear half outside a carport for 5 years. No rust but the paint was shot). I thought it was ...84, I call the paint shop and they confirmed that it was 92,744. Both data plate nad fender stamping match. The data plate has never been removed has factory rivets. As I told Ray, he has keen eyes....I on the other hand have way to many things going on and a bad memory!!!! Please excuse, that is a number I need to remember. I will take pics of the writting on the door and th "lucky shamrock" on Sunday, got to go, got a call
greg
Old 04-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Super-Experienced and a really nice guy!

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Last squarebird??

Hi Greg,

Thanks for solving the "mystery" of the difference in VIN numbers! Hey, if you think your memory is failing you now, wait until you get to my age! lol.. I have changed the web page to reflect the correct VIN number. I will post the other pictures when Greg takes them and sends them to me.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 04-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Experienced

Cool

Off work now!!! YES! I was able to get the pics of the writting on the door , the shamrock and a bubble gum cartoon that was carefully placed next to th shamrock. Please excuse the writting, a little faded but readable. I should have taken a pick of the cartoon and shamrock with the carpeting pulled back. I think I will place them back in position when I get the car back and shoot a "recreation". Hope you all enjoy!
Greg
Old 04-19-2009, 09:05 PM

Greg has sent me the pictures of the markings on the door panel, the Shamrock, Fleer Bubblegum wrapper found under the carpet, and the Data Plate. It is all up on his website now.
Enjoy!

http://squarebirds.fortunecity.com/GregPrince/GregPrince1960Tbird.htm

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781

Last edited by YellowRose : 05-21-2009 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Change of URL Name
Old 04-19-2009, 09:17 PM
Experienced

frank58 is on a distinguished road

Nice job Ray, I can't stop looking at this all original gem.
Your a lucky guy Greg, she is indeed a beauty.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Congratulation Greg,
What a sweet heart. I agree I would not do no more than I had to get her road worthy. I would say you have a very rare car that no-one else has. Please think about what you have before you do anything to her.
GOOD LUCK!!!
Registry #33436
Old 04-20-2009, 01:28 AM
Experienced

Talking

Thanks again Ray and fellow members for the nice comments. Do not worry about me touching the old girl. I am one of those weird unrestored original guys so she stays as she is, not perfect but pretty nice. I was fortunate enough to win on ebay a set of matching date code correct factory mufflers still in the box (Please do not ask what I had to pay!! YIKES$$$). I also have a factory NOS oil filter (white one). Still has the foil over it. Both will be put on the car for shows. The only reproduction part on the car is the battery (good luck finding that!). I will be driving it out to her first show (very carefully, back roads) to the western regional tbird show in Spokane WA. I will meet up with the second owner, lady who had it all but about the first year. She is pretty old but can't wait to see it all spruced up. She said she will either cry, grin or die of a heart attack! I think one of the first two would be fine with me. She is for sure getting a nice ride in it! If anyone is coming out (in July) to the show, please let me know!! Also, again, do not let that 9/13 trick you into thinking it is 7/13 like it did to me. Under careful looking it is a nine, just a very narrow one. Thanks again guys, this has been a fun run on this. If anyone would like to get in touch with me they can email me at gregprince22@hotmail.com. Hope the pics help some of you. As my friend Kevin in England says.....Cheers mates!
Old 04-20-2009, 02:59 AM

You are welcome, Greg. It is important to document this last of the line Tbird. I would give anything to be with you later this year when you meet the lady who owned this car most of its life. What a thrill that is going to be for her and you! You MUST remember to take some pictures with her standing by it, or in it, for posterity. That should be some event. If someone in her family has a PC, you might send them the web page so she can see it.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 04-21-2009, 02:36 AM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

While doing research trying to locate the right party to 'verify' this is indeed the last production 'bird...I had a crazy thought...
Ron Pratte, lives in Chandler, AZ and happens to own the First Production 'bird "verified" by Ford themselves.. (which after Ray and I get to this other party, the quest is to continue and have Ford verify THIS car)...anyways, back to my thought...

Why not get a picture of the two sitting together?

A totally awesome storyline for a couple of authors, one might consider tossing in that Stainless Steel Special!