No announcement yet.

Intakes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intakes

Does anybody know if after market intakes are made to go from the 4barrel to the tri power set up? If not has anybody upgraded their intakes to an edelbrock or holley? Pros/cons?
  • KULTULZ

Originally posted by 63Bullet

Does anybody know if after market intakes are made to go from the 4barrel to the tri power set up?

If not has anybody upgraded their intakes to an edelbrock or holley? Pros/cons?
    Aftermarket intakes (EDELBROCK) were made in the late fifties/early sixties for the FE, but these were not as free flowing as the later factory M-CODE BIRD 3X2 setup.

1962 M-CODE PHOTOS

The engine has the optional dress-up kit and the air cleaner top has been polished.

Comment

Sweet set up on your 390. Where would I find that dress up kit, im guessing it would be aftermarket of course. Im lookin to set up the tri power on mine to get a few more ponys out of her but all the original or used ones i see on ebay are at ridiculous prices.

Comment

• KULTULZ

Originally posted by 63Bullet

Sweet set up on your 390. Where would I find that dress up kit, im guessing it would be aftermarket of course. Im lookin to set up the tri power on mine to get a few more ponys out of her but all the original or used ones i see on ebay are at ridiculous prices.
        That setup is not mine (wish it were). I used that to show the OEM installation.

Be advised the OEM setup is dedicated to the 62/63 BIRD M-CODE 340HP engine. The carb mounting pad angles are different from the FORD 3X2.

The dress-up kit was OEM FORD. Again, you would have to find the components used.

Comment

Look at those prices! I'll take 6 of each. Man those were the days.

Comment

Hah! No kiddin right????

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎