• Jan 19 2008

Nice job!!! Love the color!!
    sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Brandon thanks very much for the pixs especially with the 60 in this position. You are correct we don't often see our birds in this stage other than at a restoration shop and even then only by the owner and the staff at the shop Good stuff and keep the pixs coming when she is done.
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• bwracing00
        Apprentice
        • Nov 3 2012

Originally posted by jopizz
        I don't see any holes for the quarter panel hash marks or the door scripts. Are you going to leave it that way.

John
        they are all there dont worry.they are in the big order i just placed 500$ for door scripts front emblem and quarter hashes

Originally posted by Anders
        Nice job!!! Love the color!!
        it is a picture of the original color off the 1960 panel and formulated into this color 1 year only briar cliff green

Originally posted by Dan Leavens
        Brandon thanks very much for the pixs especially with the 60 in this position. You are correct we don't often see our birds in this stage other than at a restoration shop and even then only by the owner and the staff at the shop Good stuff and keep the pixs coming when she is done.
        well its at a restorations shop and i plan to share as many pictures as i can with all of you. if you need work done we happen to take on just about anything. motorcycle restorations we have done a huge variety of cars we just finished a 1 of akind 1967 mustang gt500 Eleanor we also have done some resto mods like a 1970 monte carlo on a 1995 Impala ss LT1 frame and motor swap the next 1 we are working on is a same idea of a 1970 chevelle with a new frame suspension and a new fuel injected motor.

if you have any questions ask away i am always around thanks again brandon

Comment

• simplyconnected
          Administrator
          • May 26 2009

I'm sharing this because I thought this was kinda cute:
          Originally posted by bwracing00
          ...as far as this restoration have there been many members that have done this to there to this extent? im really curious becuase i havent seen many restorations in general which is sort of nice that we can help out by showing everything on the car...
          I answered by saying, these cars are 50+ years-old and spread out all over the world. Not many cars make it past 30-yrs here in the Rust Belt. Yes, many Squarebirds have been resurrected with a total restoration using a rotisserie. I should have invited him to view Keith's posts.

Brandon is 24 and has been restoring for 5-6 years. He works in a shop of seven guys. They have one main customer who owns the convertible that Brandon is currently working on.

So... let Brandon know if your car was on a rotisserie.
          We commonly see ads for Squarebirds that underwent "frame-off" restorations even though Squarebirds don't have frames. - Dave

As a side note: Brandon, we are curious to see the bottom areas of the rocker channel. Can you post pictures? Our rust problems are most extensive along the channel that stretches from the bottom of the fender and along the bottom of the doors.
          Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
          --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• bwracing00
            Apprentice
            • Nov 3 2012

Originally posted by simplyconnected
            I'm sharing this because I thought this was kinda cute:

I answered by saying, these cars are 50+ years-old and spread out all over the world. Not many cars make it past 30-yrs here in the Rust Belt. Yes, many Squarebirds have been resurrected with a total restoration using a rotisserie. I should have invited him to view Keith's posts.

Brandon is 24 and has been restoring for 5-6 years. He works in a shop of seven guys. They have one main customer who owns the convertible that Brandon is currently working on.

So... let Brandon know if your car was on a rotisserie.
            We commonly see ads for Squarebirds that underwent "frame-off" restorations even though Squarebirds don't have frames. - Dave

As a side note: Brandon, we are curious to see the bottom areas of the rocker channel. Can you post pictures? Our rust problems are most extensive along the channel that stretches from the bottom of the fender and along the bottom of the doors.

thanks i will try and get some pictures up today for you.

ill let you all know the car is a complete roller no more pushing along on a cart.

Comment

• bwracing00
              Apprentice
              • Nov 3 2012

here are the pictures you wanted and a couple outher pics of the progress got the trunk lid fitting today and working on rear bumper.

putting it on hold we need to finish up the 57 vette that just got back from the upholstery shop.

is this what you are talking about down the rail?

here is a car that we just got done with .

1967 mustang GT500 Eleanor.

back to the Bird.

and i forgot to get a pic of the trunk lid fit ill get it for tomorrow.

Comment

She is going to look so good!
                Richard D. Hord

Comment

• keith
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Feb 13 2010

Very nice looking car. The color is very nice too.
                  Keith
                  Sedalia, Mo.
                  sigpic
                  CLICK HERE for Keith's web site

Comment

• bwracing00
                    Apprentice
                    • Nov 3 2012

thank you we are all anxious to get the car more complete we just dropped the Top off at the upholstery shop that weighs soo much. i had to carry it by myself before and **** was it heavy lol and even with two people it was a chore.

Comment

• keith
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Feb 13 2010

Brandon,

How much rust did you have to repair/replace?

As Dave stated earlier the Squarebird is over 50 yrs old and rust free surviors are very rare around these parts.

Thanks,

Keith
                      Keith
                      Sedalia, Mo.
                      sigpic
                      CLICK HERE for Keith's web site

Comment

• jopizz
                        Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Are you having a new top installed on the frame off the car? I've never seen that done before. Let us know how it works out.

John
                        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
                        jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• bwracing00
                          Apprentice
                          • Nov 3 2012

Originally posted by keith
                          Brandon,

How much rust did you have to repair/replace?

As Dave stated earlier the Squarebird is over 50 yrs old and rust free surviors are very rare around these parts.

Thanks,

Keith
                          as for rust the only thing i can remember replacing was the front lower rocker/ quarter panel section other then that it was pretty rust free few pin holes and some smaller holes easy metal fix. other then that everything is all original.

Originally posted by jopizz
                          Are you having a new top installed on the frame off the car? I've never seen that done before. Let us know how it works out.

John

we are just having the top disassembled off the car so he can get a beter idea of it all and get the right material and then we will finish disassemble it here and clean all the parts paint it and re-install it.
                          Last edited by bwracing00; December 14, 2012, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• bwracing00
                            Apprentice
                            • Nov 3 2012

here is the trunk lid on.

Comment

• Joe Johnston
                              Super-Experienced
                              • Dec 23 2008

Looks like you spent a bit of time tweaking the fit of the lid and getting the gaps correct. I have seen many ill fitting decklids and from being involved in collision repair, know what is involved for gap alignment. NICE!

Comment

• bwracing00
                                Apprentice
                                • Nov 3 2012

lots and lots of fitting when a car leaves here we try and have PERFECT gaps on all of our cars becuase who wants a gap that isnt equal all the way around? not me and our body shop side the main person over there strives for perfection.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎