X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

dancoresq Strikes Gold~~ As in Top!

Congratulations, Dan, on the find of a lifetime for you, perhaps! I have been helping Dan, up in Boston, look for a good Tbird for some many weeks now. He found one in Virginia, that might have come from Texas. Wait until you see this! It is a 1960 430MEL Red Golde Top! And in pretty good looking condition. It has all the power accessories, AC, (which has a missing belt. What is the AC belt # for a '60 w/430MEL?) and a black leather interior.

He is going to send me the VIN # and Data Plate information. He has already done some work on it to get it driving and has been able to drive it some, and will this coming weekend. He says where ever he goes, it is an eye catcher and draws a lot of attention. You will see why when you see the few pictures he has sent me. You will notice that a previous owner put the spears on the door and someone took the Thunderbird script off it. He thinks it has been painted red and that is not the original color. But it looks to be in pretty good condition and driving condition. The radio is out of it and he has to figure out how to get it back in place after he checks it out. The dash has been redone and they might have covered over the plate underneath for the radio...

Dan can post up in the Squarebirds Forum for the questions he needs answered. Kev, he needs some help from you because someone might have put the headliner in wrong and screwed up the movement of the sliding roof, which is working. He can tell you about that. I have already suggested that he contact John at tbird registry and register it, if it is not already so.

I think his patience really paid off. He has a really beautiful looking Golde Top! I agree with the mirror location. Much better placement. Here are the pix. I gots to get to bed!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by YellowRose; September 2, 2009, 02:48 AM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Gorgeous car, Ray. Notice his fender mirror location? That's were I would put mine.
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Anders
      Super-Experienced
      • Jan 19 2008

Looks like a real fine Ford. And with 430..... Congrats!
      If anything, I would cut the exhausts an inch or two.
      sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• tbird430
        Super-Experienced
        • Jun 18 2007

WOW!! A 430cid sunroof Bird!! The best of the best for sure!!

More pics Dan (when you get a chance) & CONGRATS!!!

-Jon

sigpic
        The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

Hey Dan,
          I'm jealous!!! She's a pretty thing!
          Richard D. Hord

Comment

• Dan Leavens
            Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Dan excellent find and yes, please post some more pics when you can.
            Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
            Thunderbird Registry
            58HT #33317
            60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• FINSRIN
              Experienced
              • Aug 7 2010

59 door trim

Apparently fitted with 1959 doors and trim.
              Does anyone have modification method to put 59 door trim on a 60 door ?

Bill

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎