X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakota Boy
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 30 2009

blower air supply box under the dash

(This is in regards to the sheet metal box under the dash which provides air to the inlet side of the blower fan)

IF you have a car that has A/C (or at some time in the past, HAD A/C... like mine); and you try to use a non-AC heat/defrost console panel...... the dang flapper valve will operate backwards.

See the photo of mine: This would work if you had the pull-knob on the console like all factory A/C-equiped cars had.

What I really need is the box that looks like the one in the Ford Shop Manual. Notice how the bracket that holds the control cable is different, and the arm on the flapper valve faces the other direction.

I tried to turn the arm 180 degrees, but it was too far for the metal, and now it is broken right where the shaft exits the top of the sheet metal box. I was so mad I coulda spit nails. Partsetal will be getting an email from me soon.....I hope he has the right sheet metal box for me...
    Attached Files
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517
  • Penelope
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 4 2008

You have just solved a mystery for me...why my 59 is much hotter with the heater off than it was on..Thank you!
    sigpicBill
    Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• tmjsong1aolcom
      Experienced
      • Mar 31 2004

I can supply you with the non AC box and am just down the road as you know.

Fuz
      58's&64's
      Sun Prairie, Wi
      tmjsong1@aol.com

Comment

• Dakota Boy
        Super-Experienced
        • Jun 30 2009

Thanks for the offer, but Carl (partsetal) already has me hooked up with a replacement !
        http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎