X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bird 60
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 18 2009

Coupe or Sedan

Are Square, Bullet, or Flair Birds regarded as Coupes or Sedans?

Chris....From OZ.
  • Yadkin
    Banned
    • Aug 11 2012

A sedan is four doors and a coup is two.

Although technically a coupe uses the roof in its body structure, so the more correct term may be 'two door hardtop'.

Comment

• RustyNCa
      Super-Experienced
      • May 31 2007

Originally posted by Yadkin

Although technically a coupe uses the roof in its body structure, so the more correct term may be 'two door hardtop'.
      I agree, I would consider them as two door hardtops.

Comment

• bird 60
        Super-Experienced
        • Mar 18 2009

When registering a vehicle here in Oz, they ask if Coupe or Sedan. I also thought that a 2 door was a Coupe & a 4 door was a Sedan. Now the tricky part. I looked up on the computer & asked the difference between the 2 & opened up a can of worms. It stated so much that it wasn't funny. Things like depending how many cubic feet in the back seating area & other things. More than anything else I was just wondering how you Guys class them there on your Rego Papers.

Thank you

Chris....From OZ.

Comment

• RustyNCa
          Super-Experienced
          • May 31 2007

Originally posted by bird 60
          When registering a vehicle here in Oz, they ask if Coupe or Sedan. I also thought that a 2 door was a Coupe & a 4 door was a Sedan. Now the tricky part. I looked up on the computer & asked the difference between the 2 & opened up a can of worms. It stated so much that it wasn't funny. Things like depending how many cubic feet in the back seating area & other things. More than anything else I was just wondering how you Guys class them there on your Rego Papers.

Thank you

Chris....From OZ.
          Well, on my California Title for the 58 it's labeled a 2 door hardtop, or 2H, where my coupe is labeled as CP.

Comment

• Yadkin
            Banned
            • Aug 11 2012

Such is the stupidity of government. When I first registered a Bronco in 1990 New York State called it a wagon.

Comment

• Howard Prout
              Experienced
              • Feb 11 2009

Originally posted by Yadkin

I thought the difference between a two door coupe and a two door hardtop convertible was that a coupe has a pillar separating the front and back side windows whereas a hardtop has no pillar. As I recall at one time there were four door hardtop convertibles with no pillars.
              sigpic "Old Betsy" - my '59 convertible J9YJ116209 Thunderbird Registry #33341

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Howard I tend to agree with your analogy from my experience. Perhaps Mr. Tast can shed some light on this question?
                Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                Thunderbird Registry
                58HT #33317
                60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍