No announcement yet.

Guide cables

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guide cables

Gday , I'm from Australia and I have located this web forum in search of Golde sunroof cables and parts , I dont own a squarebird but own a 1973 ford falcon coupe with a wind back sunroof and the parts and cables i have seen in a restoration section on this site are identicle , i have owned the car for 7 yrs and have not been able to find anything here , so I'm hoping after all this time searching i might have found a possible chance someone knows where i can get parts to get my sunroof working. At the moment I have the cables and can wind the handle and they slide freely but there is something that has been broken off the cables that connect them to the sunroof lid. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Guide cables

The Thunderbirds did not use the winding type of sunroof from Golde. Rockin_kev on this board was able to locate some parts for his sunroof from Golde, perhaps he can tell you his source. Old Volkswagen, Jaguar and BMW sites may be helpful to you in locating original or reproduction parts.

Is the type of roof you have?http://www.my2002tii.com/spring_2005/sunroof.htm

Good luck in your hunt.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

• Rockin Kev
      Experienced
      • Oct 31 2002

Hi,
      Yep i sure will try and help you out, i need photo shots of the inside of your roof, where the cable connects with the lifters, the more photos i get the better i can do my best to help.
      I have a friend here with a 1973 Buick with the Golde roof and he has some good contacts too but you will get most of your answer down the Volkswagon route.
      Email your pics to kev1960tbird@aol.com and i will do the rest.
      Kev.

Comment

• Rockin Kev
        Experienced
        • Oct 31 2002

Earl,
        Try this company out i do know of another downunder but i just can't find it at the moment.
        Kev
        England.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎