X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Font Styles & Sizes In Quick Reply

Jed asked the question about how to change font styles and sizes in Quick Reply. Cathie said you cannot, which, to my knowledge, is true. Those options are not there for Quick Reply. For that reason, I do not use Quick Reply. I use Post Reply instead. I click on the Post Reply button and away I go. If I want to have the text that I am replying to, to refer to, I do a quick copy/paste and put it in the new post I am creating. Or I just slide down the page and read what it says below this post I am typing, if there are other posts below it.

In Post Reply you DO have the capability to change font styles, sizes, and all the other options. Mainly, I have my Post Reply options set for a particular font style and size. In my case, Verdana and Font Size 3, but pick your poison. You can do that from the legends at the top, and a lot of other features.

Cathie just told you of another way you can do it by clicking on the Quote button on a post. I was about to tell you that when I saw that Cathie had just covered it. I am using the Quote button to reply to my own post regarding the above.
    Last edited by YellowRose; December 16, 2009, 01:42 PM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Coral
    Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Originally posted by YellowRose
    Jed asked the question about how to change font styles and sizes in Quick Reply. Cathie said you cannot, which, to my knowledge, is true. Those options are not there for Quick Reply. For that reason, I do not use Quick Reply. I use Post Reply instead. I click on the Post Reply button and away I go. If I want to have the text that I am replying to, to refer to, I do a quick copy/paste and put it in the new post I am creating. Or I just slide down the page and read what it says below this post I am typing, if there are other posts below it.

In Post Reply you DO have the capability to change font styles, sizes, and all the other options. Mainly, I have my Post Reply options set for a particular font style and size. In my case, Verdana and Font Size 3, but pick your poison. You can do that from the legends at the top, and a lot of other features.
    The Quote option will also allow font changes....

Comment

Thanks Ray and Kathy, I see here in the Post format that there certainly is the font/size choice. Now knowing this I shall use my copy/paste function from msword into this Post format.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎