electrical wire

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

electrical wire

430 sunroof

I'm a new owner of a 60 t-bird. Does anyone know what the yellow wire from under the dash(I think it comes from the light switch)which goes out through the firewall, into the engine compartment, and down the drivers side fender apron goes to. Mine dead ends there after a splice to a tan wire. I cant find any reference to it in the elect. wiring manual, nor in the shop manual. It is a single wire, unattached to any wiring harnesses. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: electrical wire

Thereis a yellow-black band wire that goes on the driver's side fender that connects from the generator warning light to the armature lead on the voltage regulator. It is supposed to be in the wrapped harness, not separate. Does your generator light go on with the ignition on, but not yet started?

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

RE: electrical wire

There are two yellow wires from the firewall,hard to tell if they a black band, since car was painted black, but both of these go into the wire harness. this is a solid yellow wire,looks to be #12 wire, all by itself. I have no dash lights nor backup lights, but I think thats a headlight switch prroblem, just havent tore into that yet. Generator light seems to be working ok though. 430 sunroof

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎