X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tp tbird
    Experienced
    • Dec 17 2007

Some pictures of my 430 bird

For your veiwing ,hope you like them and tell me anything you like are dislike about what I have done .The bird had four different paint jobs in it life that I had to take off to bare metal (2) cordovan,yellow,blue and the inside was changed to balck from tan.Tom http://s328.photobucket.com/albums/l356/tptbird/
    Last edited by tp tbird; July 21, 2008, 12:01 PM. Reason: more info
  • tp tbird
    Experienced
    • Dec 17 2007

I also added some of my 1959 tbird black 352

I add a few picture of my black 1959 tbird coupe that I have have for 18 years I am the second owner.She is nice ,but needs a overhualed.

Comment

• bcomo
      Super-Experienced
      • Sep 23 2005

Tom:

Unbeliveable restoration on that convertible. When I got to the beginning photos, it's hard to figure that it's the same car and engine compartment. Beautiful job and HARD work.

I don't think that many J code convertibles were ordered with AC -- really rare I would think.

I like the 59 coupe -- I'm partial to black.

Sure hope that they can fix things on the 430 seal for you.
      Bart
      1960 Hard Top/430
      Thunderbird Registry Number 1231

Comment

• tp tbird
        Experienced
        • Dec 17 2007

Thanks Bart ,I have a lot of labor in the cars.I was going to tell you theother day when you get the bumpers off, then would be the time to replace the rear and front gasket seals on them if you need them.Tom

Comment

• bcomo
          Super-Experienced
          • Sep 23 2005

I know that there are two rubber seals on the front bumper, on each side below the front lights.

I see only one on each side of the back bullets.

Are there more that I should have, or am missing?

Thanks
          Bart
          1960 Hard Top/430
          Thunderbird Registry Number 1231

Comment

• tp tbird
            Experienced
            • Dec 17 2007

Not that I know of ,just thought if you have the bumpers off, that if you needed them that would be the time to install them.Tom

Comment

• 65cobra03
              Apprentice
              • Dec 27 2006

430 conv w/air

BCMO stated in in his post that 430 convertible's with factory air are a rare item My 1960 430 conv has factory air Does any one know for sure how many were so equipped. an ad in hemmings last year fo a 60 conv stated only 40 were shipped. This may just hype to get the car sold or possibly a known fact ?????
              BEN

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Ben your question about how many 60 430 convertible's with factory air existed intrigued me. I went to the section of our main page " Technical Resources Section " and did some searching. There is no mention of any production of convertibles with factory air, although that option " Select Aire Conditioner " was a $465.80 item. We do know that there were 11,860 converts total produced but there is no mention of how many of them had factory air?? There is a notation that the 60HT was the first year of the Tbirds that offered a sliding roof and was available at a $212.40 item. Was your 60 an original 430 as per the VIN or was it converted?? I know that's one of the reason that I picked up my 60HT ( along with original leather seats ) was it had factory air,which I am in the middle of gettng converted over.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                Thunderbird Registry
                58HT #33317
                60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• 65cobra03
                  Apprentice
                  • Dec 27 2006

430 conv factory air

Hi Dan
                  Thanks for your reply on my 1960 430 conv
                  Here are the id no's
                  vin 0Y37J127807

body 76 color F trim 56 date 21A trans 4 axle 8

perhaps you can verify it is an original 430 along with
                  deciphering the other data for me

Thanks BEN

Comment

• YellowRose
                    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

The information you are asking about is in the Technical Resource Library on this Forum. Here is the link to it. With this, you can break down those numbers for your '60 Tbird and it will tell you what you need to know about it. Original engine, transmission, color, interior, birth date, etc...

I would like to remind all of you that many of the answers to questions you have regarding your Tbirds can be found right here on the Forum, in the Technical Resources Library above.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• 65cobra03
                      Apprentice
                      • Dec 27 2006

tech info

Hi
                      Being rather new to your site i was unaware of info avail in your tech library you guy's do a great job This library gave me all the info on my 1960 430 conv it is indeed an original 430 & also orig color inside & out
                      Would still like to know exactly how rare it is with the factory air.
                      I know there are darn few Those records probably don't exist It would be interesting to know how many A/C 430 convertibles still exist ??
                      Could that be a club project ???
                      BEN

Comment

• YellowRose
                        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

One of the worlds most recognized authority on Tbirds happens to be a member of Squarebirds. His name is Alan Tast and here is his user id below. You can either PM him and ask him that question, for he might know the answer. Or you can wait and to see if he notices your question the next time he signs on. I would PM him to get a direct answer. If he does not know, then few people probably will.

Alan H. Tast, AIA

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                        Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Rockin Kev
                          Experienced
                          • Oct 31 2002

Originally posted by tp tbird
                          For your veiwing ,hope you like them and tell me anything you like are dislike about what I have done .The bird had four different paint jobs in it life that I had to take off to bare metal (2) cordovan,yellow,blue and the inside was changed to balck from tan.Tom http://s328.photobucket.com/albums/l356/tptbird/
                          Tom,
                          One thing i like, well a few it has AC! Been there had that and yeah you lift the hood and its all packed in there, its a soft top and the fact you have the rare! rubber seal around the end of the snorkel, i have a spare one and no 430 anymore...i am holding on to it as i will have the real BIRD ENGINE AGAIN ONE DAY.

Kev.

Comment

• tp tbird
                            Experienced
                            • Dec 17 2007

Thanks ,I have done alot of work on my 430 convertible and is starting to come together ,I need to paint it soon and get the top put on.It is hard to do all the work myself ,but I do it and then wonder how I did all of that.Tom

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎