This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Super-Experienced

keith is on a distinguished road

I finished all of the sanding on the Merc yesterday. Going to give it a day to let cure some more and then start buffing tomorrow night.

While waiting for tomorrow night my wife reminded me she wanted a star to put on the side of our house for Christmas.

I had some scrap galvanized metal laying around, figured it would be perfect for a project like this.

Oh it's 6'8" tall.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 014.JPG (52.3 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 015.JPG (45.0 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 016.JPG (62.2 KB, 57 views)

CLICK HERE for Keith's web site
Old 11-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

DYNOMITE, Keith! I've been kicking around the idea of making a cross using LEDs. I just never see any at the stores and I think I can make a nicer one than I can buy (kinda like you have).

Back in the day, we had a decent-sized steel star for the top of our tree. It had a single light bulb, centered inside. Basically it was a 'clam shell' of two stars painted white inside. The colored light would shine around the edges between the outer star and inner star.

Maybe I'll do something like that for my cross and hang it on the front of my house. - Dave

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 11-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Super-Experienced

Thanks Dave.

I still jave to add mini lights around the perimeter. I have a Cross on the to do list also. Will display it on the inside.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:50 PM

Anders is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith View Post
I finished all of the sanding on the Merc yesterday. Going to give it a day to let cure some more and then start buffing tomorrow night.
Take pictures, donīt forget to take pictures! Many!!
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158
Old 11-26-2012, 08:19 PM
Super-Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Take pictures, donīt forget to take pictures! Many!!
Got pictures!

Just need to finish the buffing and put a descriptive post together.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Super-Experienced

Dakota Boy is on a distinguished road

We had a 6 ft. star (made of re-bar) on the top of the 90 ft. Harvestore silo when I was still on the farm and in high school. It had about 30 or 40 large blue bulbs on it, and could be seen from several miles away.

Guess whose job it was to maintain that thing every December... And to replace the top bulb, I had to stand on the second rung of the "cage" on top of the silo. It was usually about 10 degrees below zero at the time.

Oh well. I chalk it up as "character-building"; something pretty much ALL of today's kids need these days.

I wasnt really forced to do it. I had a strange compulsion to make sure all the bulbs were lit every night. I guess it became more of a challenge than an actual duty.

My younger brother kept the star going for a few years after I was gone, but eventually the risk became less than the reward.

Now, 25-30 years later, nobody climbs that old silo, and I wouldnt climb it either. The old aluminum ladder isnt to be trusted. Someday that old silo will be knocked down, and the landmark that could always be seen on the horizon will be gone forever.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith View Post
Got pictures!

Just need to finish the buffing and put a descriptive post together.
Great! Canīt wait!! Just bought the
latest asset to my garage! Iīm getting closer to the removal of the paint ( and the painting as well of course..). Will feel so professional when I go from electrical tools to air tools

Btw: Forget about the silly mustasche. Itīs Movember time at work, so itīs off in a week
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 45299_10151163674678295_1168769255_n.jpg (49.4 KB, 44 views)
Old 11-28-2012, 07:17 PM
Super-Experienced

Anders,

You'll love air tools. The air compressor is a heat and noise generator. I'm sure you know that. I have mine outside. Fresh air and a bigger air cleaner help them live longer. I bought mine in 1989.

What's Movember? I have had a beard and mustache since July 4 1976. I hope to be here in July 4 2076. I'll only be 119 years old. Hopefully still building cars or at least have one cruising around in.

Keith

Old 11-28-2012, 07:47 PM

Canīt have it outside. My neighbours would kill me right away... I guess mine will have a calm life compair to yours as well..
Movember? You have to start from scratch each November 1:st Check it out here: http://se.movember.com/en/
Old 11-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Super-Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Canīt have it outside. My neighbours would kill me right away... I guess mine will have a calm life compair to yours as well..
Movember? You have to start from scratch each November 1:st Check it out here: http://se.movember.com/en/
Thanks Anders,

I've never heard of it. But that is cool. How big of stache do the mo sistas grow?