No announcement yet.

Bulletbird Steering Wheels

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulletbird Steering Wheels

Folks, below is a post I had made today to the yahoo groups and thought I'd copy/paste and post it to this discussion forum as it may be helpful for someone.

Harley, not sure if this may be the case, but kinda makes sense to me. Recently I had done two bulletbird steering wheel restorations, but the wheels that the owners had sent to me were too damaged for restoration. Those two bird owners may have posted here looking for a restorable wheel. The first replacement wheel was found on a 61 bird in a junk yard 20 miles from me and the 2nd wheel my Tbird client found on Ebay and had shipped to me. This was over the course of this summer I had done both restorations.

I think worth mentioning here is that I have found the wheels from 62 and 63 birds are made out of a different material than that of the 61 birds. The 62-63 have a poly or plastic compound which ages terribly and the entire wheel tends to brittle and crack over its full circumference. Generally because of this, these wheels are not restorable. However the 61 bird's wheels are made out of what I refer to as a rubber composite bakelite material. This hardened rubber material tends to crack normally only at the wheel spokes and is therefore able to be restored. The 61 wheels are the same material as the 58-60 squarebird wheels.

Best Birding,
    Jed Zimmerman
    58HT

In a message dated 8/28/2010 8:00:31 A.M. Central Daylight Time, bulletbirds@yahoogroups.com writes:
    ____________________________________________________________ ____________
    1. Re: Digest Number 3776
    Posted by: "tbird5866@aol.com" tbird5866@aol.com tbird5866
    Date: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:50 pm ((PDT))

Someone on the list had expressed an interest in a GOOD steering wheel for a Bulletbird.
    My previous? Bulletbird Digests have escaped.? I have a good wheel which I will send pictures of to whoever has an interest.???? My email address is tbird5866@aol.com.? Contact me OFF LIST.???? Harley

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎