• Show
Clear All
  • RSS Robot
    The Source
    • Jan 29 2007

700-hp, twin-turbo Reed Speed Ford Mustang coming to a dealer near you

Filed under: Aftermarket, Tuners, Coupes, Sports/GTs, Ford

Reed Speed 2010 Ford Mustang - Click above for high-res image

There's no shortage of Mustang tuners in this world, but Randall Reed Ford is removing the middle man and will begin offering its own "signature edition" 2010 Ford Mustang GT through Randall Reed stores and select dealerships across the country.

Developed in partnership with Artisan Performance, the Reed Speed SSE is packing a reworked engine, complete with forged rods, new pistons and Total Seal rings. The new internals drop the compression ratio to accept the 12 psi of dual-intercooled boost huffed through a set of Artisan Rear Mounted twin turbochargers. According to Reed, the combination is good for 700 hp, and will only be backed by a proper manual gearbox.

In addition to the engine mods, the stock stoppers have been replaced by 14-inch rotors with six-piston calipers supplied by SSBC, while a custom body kit widens the track of the Reed Speed 'Stang by 1.5-inches in front and 3.0-inches in the rear. Housed within the stretched sheet metal are 20-inch iForged wheels, measuring 11 inches wide in front and 13 inches in the rear, and along with the two-tone custom BASF paint and smoked lens, each Mustang comes with a numbered plaque and "owner's package." There's no word yet on pricing or availability, but expect the SSE to be available later this summer.700-hp, twin-turbo Reed Speed Ford Mustang coming to a dealer near you originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:59:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Pretty kewl, but I'am not a big fan of a fan of the rubber band 20"er's

Comment

• SandyBoy
      Super-Experienced
      • Oct 31 2002

It's ugly. If I won one, I'd sell it,
      and buy a Mustang GT Premium Convertible,
      or put the money towards a Cadillac
      DTS or a CTS-V with 558 H.P. (IF I could fit in the
      little bugger.)