X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Astrowing
    Experienced
    • Jul 22 2009

Cotton Gin Parade

We did the Burton Cotton Gin parade in Texas this weekend! Ran a little hot for that long creeping along in first gear. I may need to look at adding a shroud.
    The first picture is next to a 1951 Ford F100 and was driven by the original owner. The second picture is next to a 1948 Power Wagon. Driven down from Colorado 2 weeks ago!
    Attached Files
    sigpic

CLICK HERE for Jim's web site
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Cotton Gin Parade

Thanks for posting the pix, Jim! You might consider going to a 6 bladed fan or a flex fan also. A metal fan shroud off a '63 Ford Galaxie, (as I recall) is what I have on Rose. I found it on eBay. You have to make some modifications to the bottom piece to mount it, but it is no big deal. You can also plastic type from Dearborn Classics. Bird Nest also has an ABS one that they sell which fits directly on our Squarebirds I am told. The information is in the TRL, so you might look it up. The last parade I ran in was in October and it was not as hot as it gets now. But she ran fine without any overheating problems at all at those very slow speeds.
    Last edited by YellowRose; April 18, 2011, 12:38 AM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Astrowing
      Experienced
      • Jul 22 2009

Thanks, I'll look into the shrouds. Folks, we need to get out and show off our Fords and all our hard work in the car shows and parades! We're badly under-represented against the Chevrolets!
      sigpic

CLICK HERE for Jim's web site

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎