X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RustyNCa
    Super-Experienced
    • May 31 2007

Originally posted by tbirds8
    I,m jumping back and forth with the 60 and 66. My question is does any one have a pair of springs they took out of their 64-66. I bought a pair that are 21and a 1/2 inchs tall with 11 coils. I can,t see how they are going to fit and not look like a 4 wheeler. I don,t think there is 11 coil, springs in there now. any answers please. Thanks..................Bill
    So.... did you get the springs in?

Comment

Hi Rusty. Not yet the weather isn,t that great yet. They keep on teasing. This weekend we had winds up to 60 or 70 MPH and somebodys roof slapped the crap out of my truck. Still have a big piece in the back and it,s stayin there till i find whose trash to put it in. That's the second time that happened to it. Last time was all glass. O well! No one was hit by anything that i know of and that's a good thing. The weather has been pretty weird over here on the right coast. (just a joke)....Take care..........................Bill

Comment

• RustyNCa
        Super-Experienced
        • May 31 2007

So I imagine if I told you that I replaced the powersteering lines and fuel lines on the 58 in low 70 degree sunny weather on Sat fixed a vacum leak and leaking fuel line on the 65, worked with my uncle, the body man down from Oregon on the passenger door of the 58 that didn't close or line up right also, and have a bit of sun burn for my troubles, you would be envious?

Amazing to work with a good body guy and how they hammer away at your car with a sledge and 2x4 and 1x4 they tell you push hard of the door while they have a 1x4 in the front door jamb and then tap or hammer on the car, and wala, the door gaps are all better and the door closes. I've been fighting that **** door for 6 months.....

Comment

That's the sign of a good bodyman. That's the old school way. It is amazing what can be done like that. I am a little envious of your cars and the property they're sitting on. That looks like a very nice get away. I can't figure out how to hook a picture to this because my 66 sits just like yours with bad springs. Very bad news about alex. He was to young. Bill

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎