No announcement yet.

Which Carb for 352

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Carb for 352

What type carb would be best to replace the one now on my 59 Bird I can't find any name or model numbers on it it is a 4 barrel any suggestion.
  • 6TB1RD
    Experienced
    • Apr 9 2006

Originally posted by Bob M
    What type carb would be best to replace the one now on my 59 Bird I can't find any name or model numbers on it it is a 4 barrel any suggestion.
    Bob: On My 60' It was a 4100 it is a FOMOCO product (if it is original) Look on the drivers side of the Carb it will have a clock like circle with either 1.12 or (1.08 I thank) this is the Jet size.

I replaced mine with an Edlebrock 600cfm nice power and bolt on with no adjustments.

Hope this helps.
    George (Papa of 9)
    1960 H/T :rolleyes:
    Home Page http://squarebirds.org/users/6tb1rd/
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=31811
    sigpic

Comment

An autolight 4100 with a 1:12 on the side on a 352. A carter
      AFB on the 430 engine. The ford # on the autolight is 5752308
      with auto trans and 352 .carter # is 5752040 with auto and 430 I guess someone threw the little tag away that was screwed on it a while ago. That's if you have the origenal
      Good luck.....................................Bill

Comment

After tinkering with the factory carbs, I went Edelbrock Performer 600 cfm as well. It bolted right on, air cleaner fit nicely. Electric choke. Runs great. Only adjustment was the idle screw and idle mixture. 15 minutes........ Send it to the Carburetor Factory in Sacramento. 24 hour turn-around and they'll rebuild it for $150-200 or get the Edelbrock for $250- LEON

Comment

• byersmtrco
          Super-Experienced
          • Sep 28 2004

Mine has been on there for at least 15 yrs. Great carb !!!!!!!!

I started the car tonight. It has sat for about 3 weeks. Two pumps. One little squirt, and one to the floor to set the choke. It started right up and ran at a moderate fast idle. After about 5 min, I barely hit the gas and it idled right down to normal. Never even a hiccup. Let run for about 1/2 hr. Get the oil nice n' warm too.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎