• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjusting rear quarter windows

How hard of a project is this.
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

It can be a frustrating job. Give it a few hours to do. You should have an easier time with it than with a Hard Top as a Convertible gives you better access, especially if you need to remove the rear quarter windows.

The procedure is shown in the Shop Manual. It is also shown in the 1958 Service Manual on the main technical page of this site: http://www.squarebirds.org/1958servi...es/p-14-15.htm
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

• tarps3
      Super-Experienced
      • Jul 21 2003

Originally posted by El Guapo
      How hard of a project is this.
      I've tried numerous times and it's like herding cats.
      About the time you get one adjustment correct, it throws the others out of sync.
      I gave up and started working on the manipulation of space/time so I could go back and just buy a NEW squarebird...I'm making much better progress with that
      Casey

Comment

Windows

I depends on what adjustments you're talking about. If it's simply the up-down tolerances, that's easy. There are two "angle iron" style stops with bumpers on them with adjustments by loosening two small phillips screws. The lower one is a bitch to get to. Fill the bottom of the quarter with rags or anything you drop will be lost in the abyss. -LEON

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎