No announcement yet.

Heater control valve ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heater control valve ?

My heater control valve started leaking a while back and I finally got it out, but now I am on the fence as to which way to go, fix the old one (cheap) or go the retro fit with under the hood valve (expensive). I was hoping to hear from those who went the cheap route and how long it has been serving you well, or how soon it gave out again. Any help is greatly appreciated
    EDIT:
    Never mind, I just ordered the under hood kit. Might save me some headache down the road. Piece of mind is worth alot!
    Last edited by Guest; September 16, 2014, 11:20 AM.
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Larry, they do different things. The one on your heater core also regulates with a thermostat bulb. The one under the hood shuts off/on.

I think if it was simply a matter of shutting off flow, all the valves would be under the hood because that's where the hoses are. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Originally posted by simplyconnected
      Larry, they do different things. The one on your heater core also regulates with a thermostat bulb. The one under the hood shuts off/on.

I think if it was simply a matter of shutting off flow, all the valves would be under the hood because that's where the hoses are. - Dave
      Thanks Dave, I understood that before I ordered. I have installed a few of those on other cars I have had in the past, and they will work for me. I can just regulate it by opening more or shutting it down more, just more of a manual thing that I can live with.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎