X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Alexander's '67 Buick!

Tom is continuing his work on restoring Alexander's '67 Buick LeSabre! Here is what he had to say regarding where he was back in August!

"I will give you a quick update on Alexander's LeSabre. Here's some shots a few minutes before the body was dropped on the frame back in August. Tom."

Here are 3 pix he sent me! It is coming along!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by YellowRose; December 11, 2020, 05:02 PM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

It has been a couple of years since I last heard from Tom Cangialosi regarding the work being done on restoring Alexander Sosiak's 1967 Buick LaSabre! Here is what he had to say, and a picture and yessss! a video of it actually running again! Alexander's Buick lives again! There is still work to be done, and if you would like to contribute to the effort of bring Alexander's Buick back to full operation, I am sure Tom would certainly appreciate it! Here is his email address: Tom Cangialosi <tcangialosi1@aol.com>. Here is what he had to say.

"Just wanted to update you on the resto of Alexander's LeSabre. May not look like much, but almost every nut, bolt and component on the drive train, frame, and brakes has been removed, checked, cleaned, rebuilt or upgraded with originality in mind. Rusty panels have been replaced and body work will start this spring when money allows. My 14 year old son and I have a blast working on it. Alexander would have been impressed! Started the engine after rebuild and moving under it's own power first time since 1996. I can forward a shot video of it for those who remember him. Warm Regards, Tom".

Here is that picture and the short video clip of her running under her own power again... A little "nekked" but alive again! Click on the Attached Files .mp4 link and go full screen for a better view. It sounds great!

Alexander'67BuickLaSabreLives.mp4
      Attached Files
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• frank58
        Super-Experienced
        • May 28 2006

I was so pleased to see that Tom is still continuing work on Alexanders Buick.. I have been wondering if it was still in progress. I often think of Alexander and how none of this website would exist without him..... all my interactions with him are fondly remembered he was truly a wonderful person. thanks for sharing this with us Ray.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
          Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Ray thanks for sharing the video of Tom steering Alexander's LaSabre out of the garage. I like the fact that Tom AND his son are still working together on this project, as they will most certainly be very proud of the finished restoration. Alexander is smiling for sure
          Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
          Thunderbird Registry
          58HT #33317
          60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• TCang
            • Oct 1 2010

Very gratifying that you all still remember Alexander. He was a great friend and a real hoot to hang out with. Our many trips to Carlisle are some of my funniest memories of him. My son Aaron and I have been doing our best to move things along as the "Buick" has been a part of his life since he was 4 years old. He has natural mechanical ability and works as my righthand on all of my projects. It is one of my true pleasures. Our only constraint is lack of funds, something that we work around as best we can. I'm afraid I've had a bad influence on him though. At 15 years old, his goal is to attend McPherson College and major in Automotive Restoration! He's a Boy Scout and currently working toward becoming an Eagle Scout with support for my wife, Julie too.

If anyone were to contribute to this restoration, every cent would go directly into the work and furthering Aaron's hands-on education.

Many thanks for all the kind words and we will keep you updated.

Tom

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

I had an interesting phone call from John ~ jopizz this afternoon while I was driving to an eye doc appointment! We had a new member request from a Acang, and at first, we though it might be that Tom Cangialosi (of Alexander Sosiak's '67 Buick restoration fame!) had forgotten his user id! But nope, it was his very capable side kick and son, Aaron Cangialosi ~ Acang. Aaron is turning 16 and is now working on his own classic car. A 1979 MGB! He bought it from someone that he works for. Tom says that over all, it is in pretty good condition, and they have been working on fixing and restoring things on it also. Aaron wanted to be a member of our Forum, so, he applied, though, at the moment, he is not restoring a Tbird.

I suggest that you read Post #50 in Our Rides, regarding Alexander's '67 Buick! You will see that Aaron is working towards his Boy Scout Eagle rank and I certainly hope that he completes it and attains it. Speaking as a Father of an Eagle Scout, my oldest Son, Ray, I can tell you that having attained that rank in Boy Scouting many, many years ago, has done him very well in his life. including his Air Force career. He retired as a Command Chief Master Sgt with a lot of honors. I see that Aaron intends to major in Automotive Restoration! I am sure he has learned a lot working with his Dad on restoring Alexander's cherished '67 Buick!

Tom and I had a very enjoyable phone conversation, catching up on things. He sent me some more pix and also an update on where he is at regarding the Buick. It has been a year since he last updated me. Here is what he had to say and the 5 pix he sent me.

"Ray, Always good speaking with you and thanks for welcoming Aaron to Sqarebirds. Here are a few photos of our progress on Alexander’s Buick. We have been waylaid by another project, a 1979 MGB for Aaron. A true barnfind, she was resting for 33 years untouched.More on that from Aaron. As to the LeSabre, I installed the air conditioning evaporator box with a new coil, POA valve and expansion valve. Blower motor, a rebuild compressor and a new AC Delco belt was also fitted. The compressor has the original foil decal supplied at the factory! I was able to remove it from the original seized compressor. I was very happy as correct reproductions are not available. Both fenders are stripped and one is temporarily installed with the restored inner fender and new rubber splash guards. She also runs and drives very smoothly around the neighborhood. Alexander is alway next to me as I work. Tom Cangialosi."

BTW, if anyone would like to contribute to the restoration of Alexander's '67 LaSabre Buick project, please contact Tom!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎