Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krave
    • Jun 16 2008

Trunk weatherstripping

I have a 1961 and I'll be putting on the weatherstripping in the trunk but I'm not sure if it goes on the trunk lid or were the trunk closes.It also has one straight edge and one side is rounded a little I need to know what side goes toward the inside of the trunk and which side faces the outside of the trunk...any pics of what yours look like would really help me out...

Thanks....
  • Alan H. Tast, AIA
    Experienced
    • Jan 5 2008

Weatherstrip

Weatherstrip glues to the underside of the trunk lid so that it sits inside the sill when the lid is closed. As for whether the open side faces inside or out, would have to look at assembly manual to see what it shows. I suspect the open side faces inside.
    Alan H. Tast AIA, LEED AP BD+C
    Technical Director/Past President, Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
    Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"

Comment

• bird 60
      Super-Experienced
      • Mar 18 2009

Hi Krave,

I replaced the weatherstripping on my '61 a few years ago.

As Allan mentioned it goes on the Trunk lid. Make sure you remove the lid it's so much easier to work with. Place it on a small table so you can walk around it with a blanket or two underneath. I would leave it overnight to dry properly before re-esemling.

Chris....From the Land of OZ.

Comment

Krave
        Attached are pictures of my 59 it should be the same,take trunk lit off start one end at the lock and work around the lid cut off excess, you should have some help when you get ready to install put glue on truck lid and start at lock and go around lid.
        Good Luck
        Bob M
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎