X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Larry Jones
    Experienced
    • Feb 3 2009

unloosening the fuel cannister on my 62 t-bird convertible

This can be a bear to do. The 62 has about 52000 miles on it.Has anyone out done it themselves and what was the procedure on it. I no you have to remove the oil filter to do it. I dont really want to take the hole fuel pump off to do it. What Iam looking is has anyone sprayed the cannister with some pb blaster and let it sit for a couple of days and then were ablle to turn it with there hand. Larry

I don't think you will get that off by hand! Yes oil filter out of the way. Get yourself a strap wrench I bought a two pack. One for oil filters and one for the smaller stuff. It's a pain to use but they work!!!

Comment

• Larry Jones
      Experienced
      • Feb 3 2009

replacing the fuel cannister

How difficult was it to remove ordid you remove the fuel pump also. Larry

Comment

you don't have to take the pump off. I would spray it with somthing and let it sit. There is a wrench that fits over the indents on the can you just have to find the right size and use your ratchet and extension. I'll bet an oil change place could pop that right on for you

Comment

• Larry Jones
          Experienced
          • Feb 3 2009

there is a large socket that I saw on another thread. But putting a socket down on the lower bottom where the indents our Wouldnt I bend it. This is a soft metal. Do you no anyone who a removed it that way. Larry

Comment

• KULTULZ

You remove it by placing either a strap wrench or band wrench where it threads to the pump and apply the pressure there.

If you damage it, replacements are available.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎