No announcement yet.

Map light/interior light 58/59/60 Convertible

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Map light/interior light 58/59/60 Convertible

G'day there fellow "T/Bird'ers" I am after a map/interior light off a 58/59/60 convertible as I have the hole and wires there but no light. Also after a pair of fender skirts, as mine are missing, the four holes are there but no pins. Looks as they were fitted at one stage.
    I am currently finishing off my 1960 "gunpowder grey" sunroof, and in need of some Misc parts, some are missing or lost as I got this car as unfinished project, Ray Clarke has been a very big helping me in locating parts and advice, big thanks to you Ray!.
    Finaly got my Bird registered and on the road, trying to get the rooflining done and finish off the interior trim, what a mess.
    I will be over the moon to finish this baby off, I am allso going to fit A/C and have just about all the parts , just need the brake booster extention and the two pull push cables for the A/C and Heating, Ray Clarke also has made a post on my behalf for this, please guys "HELP" as this will great for me to get this done.
    I have had this Bird since August 2009 and it has been hard to try and match things that are missing. The sunroof is another thing to tackle, but doing one thing at a time seems like ten things at once.
    Any how hope all you guys/dolls can help.

Cheers and take care.

Thunder Downunder.
    Oh and remember Thunderbirds are "GO"
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Frank, check this out:
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Thanks for that matey, as I did check it out some time ago, I don't have the parts nor bits and peices for it to make one up, but thanks anyway, I would like to buy one complete or maybe get someone to make one for me!! never know there could be a market for them as they do a good job when installed.
      Was wondering if a 61/2/3 would be the same?
      As they come up from time to time on Ebay, cheers and thanks again "SimplyConnected".
      Mine had one fitted under where the radio is, and when I see how the rear interior light is positioned "at the rear where the back of the back seat is"the sunroof box end is where the light is fitted, so not much light up front where it is needed the most.

Ok! any bright sparks out there that can make me one??
      Come on!! put your hand up if you can, and I will buy it.
      Oh BTW my interior is black.
      I would make it but "one" don't have the tools "two" nor the parts involved to make it.

Cheers and take care.

Thunder Downunder.

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

With all due respect to our 'purists', if I were to make one today, it would be LED. They're inexpensive, easy to work with, never burn out, they don't create heat, compact, and they won't drain your battery if left on. - Dave
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Thanks Dave, but looks like I am saved, Ray came to the rescue for me.
          LEDs are bright and inexpencive but, I have to go with this one.
          Dave your a champ to come up with that one, but thanks.

BTW you would'nt have a pair of fenderskirts you want to sell?

Cheers matey.

Thunder Downunder.
          Frank.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎