X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kuusamon
    Experienced
    • Feb 14 2009

exhaust H-piece layout

Engine still out but ready, next is the exhaust fitting to the manifold.
    I do not have the correct H-piece, the pipe set connecting to the manifold. The previous owner just gave a piece that was laying around and from a different car. the piece is in good shape and some adaption has been done om it.
    I am going to have to cut the last foot of each side or so and built it up again so the angle is corrected. the flange pieces them selves are of the correct fit to the manifold.
    The previous owner did give a plastic shopping bag full of pipe pieces, bends and a bag full of clamps.

I was thinking to cut the welded pieces loose, put on the new pieces but without welding them but somehow fitting them over it and fasten them with clamps. because I do not know the exact angles and how low or high the total H-piece has to go to clear the bottom of the car.
    After the engine will go back in I can then still adjust the pieces and when it is all ok then weld them in place.

But does anybody have any drawing from this pipe piece to the manifold? scale drawing? with the correct angles?

regards,
    Ron
    sigpicGreets,
    Ronald
    Kuusamo
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=1741
  • 60 T-Bird
    Experienced
    • Jun 2 2010

I am at that crossroad now that I am doing the exhaust system, front end and brakes now. For myself. I was thinking of doing what you are trying to do...piece the system back together. I went to a reputable exhaust shop and decided that for the money he was asking, I was better off letting him do it, eliminate the "H" pipe and replace it with an "X" pipe.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"

Comment

Originally posted by 60 T-Bird
      I am at that crossroad now that I am doing the exhaust system, front end and brakes now. For myself. I was thinking of doing what you are trying to do...piece the system back together. I went to a reputable exhaust shop and decided that for the money he was asking, I was better off letting him do it, eliminate the "H" pipe and replace it with an "X" pipe.
      Hey Martin,
      Now your talking! NASCAR uses the X pipe and say it increases performance. That is what I intend to do on Christine!
      Richard D. Hord

Comment

• kuusamon
        Experienced
        • Feb 14 2009

yes that would be best, have somebody do it and have it done perfect.
        Not possible here on the polarcircle, I got to do it and work with the limited tools and parts that I have. It is coming along though. Maybe I will make it into an x-pipe. Se what I can come up with today, the engine itself is now ready.
        thanks regards,
        Ron
        sigpicGreets,
        Ronald
        Kuusamo
        http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=1741

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎