X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Penelope
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 4 2008

Fuel flooding issues

My 1960 352 has had fuel running out of the carby which is being exasperated when the back of the car is exposed to the sun.

The fuel is pouring out direct down the throat of the carby and filling the sump. The carby has been re-kitted and the floats replaced. I am thinking it is poor ventillation of the fuel tank?

Problem is I have had a look at the Manual (section 3-34) which shows the ventillator on the drivers side top of ther tank about mid way. I have had a good look - cant see it, and just in case it was me, niether could two other folk.

Questions are - any other ideas re the flooding? Anyone else had a ventillation tube in a different spot?
    sigpicBill
    Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

How's the gas cap. Vented or nonvented. I forget.

Comment

• Penelope
      Super-Experienced
      • Mar 4 2008

Non vented, but the exasperating thing is that this is a new problem!
      sigpicBill

Comment

• Penelope
        Super-Experienced
        • Mar 4 2008

Problem solved, the float that serves the secondaries was binding against the side of the float chamber thus flooding...the annoying thing here was I had the Holley fully rekitted and the floats replaced. Main thing was it was an easy fix, but only after the draining of two full sumps of brand new oil that were flooded with fuel.

The day is even happier though as I finally got the new leather front seats back from Larry's today and they now look the right color and size.
        sigpicBill

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Fuel flooding issues

Bill, thanks for telling us that the problem is fixed and what you found caused it. I know that you are happy to have that problem behind you. That is also good news that Larrys has gotten you squared away finally on the leather... Great!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Petrolhead
            Experienced
            • Jul 2 2007

Good news Bill, you'll be winging it to the US in a little over week relaxed in the knowledge that your Tbird is sorted.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎