X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keith
    Super-Experienced
    • Feb 13 2010

Originally posted by Ratboy
    Are you going to fabricate a shroud? I'm looking to have one made for one for my 60 w factory air. There's some info w measurements in the tech library.
    I just did a search and Larry's Thunderbird & Mustang Parts carries a steel one. B 8146C Fan Shroud 2-Piece Metal, like original For 1961-1962-1963-1964-1965 Ford Thunderbird (B8146C)

$120.11

SKU: B 8146C Category: 1958-1966 Ford Thunderbird Cooling System and Grill Tags: 1961 Ford Thunderbird, 1962 Ford Thunderbird, 1963 Ford Thunderbird, 1964 Ford Thunderbird, 1965 Ford Thunderbird

Keith
    Sedalia, Mo.
    sigpic
    CLICK HERE for Keith's web site

Comment

• Ratboy
      Experienced
      • Jan 10 2019

Wow, thanks!

Comment

• Ratboy
        Experienced
        • Jan 10 2019

There's a difference from 1960 to the 61. Can the 1961+ shroud be modified to fit the 1958-60? The 58-60 are plastic or fiberglass for $200 + shipping.

Comment

• OX1
          Super-Experienced
          • Feb 10 2016

The 58-60 never had a stock shroud, correct? Not crazy about the looks of the one they have. The shiny plastic does not look very period correct.
          59-430-HT

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

As I recall, I found a '63 Bulletbird 2 piece metal shroud on FeeBay and installed it on Tweety and it worked well. Just my 2 cents...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
            Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Ratboy
              Experienced
              • Jan 10 2019

That's really great. I live close to Bird Nest, I'll pick one up and report

Comment

• keith
                Super-Experienced
                • Feb 13 2010

I read where the fiberglass had been discontinued on Dearborn Classics. Ratboy in the resource library it shows a picture of the fiberglass one put on a 58-60. It looks narrow to me, but that would be a easy fix with some extensions pop riveted for fiberglass or spot-welded to the steel shroud. I really can't tell by the picture. However anything close would be a help if you are having cooling issues. The bird I've been working on was a a/c car and had no shroud since new. The owner never spoke of having any cooling issues.
                Keith
                Sedalia, Mo.
                sigpic

Comment

• del
                  Retired Expert Enthusiast
                  • May 11 2010

Here's what the 2 pc abs shroud looks like. I was never happy with it and removed it when the rad was rebuilt.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.
                  Regards,
                  Don Vincent
                  Amherst NY
                  1960 HT 352
                  TBird Registry 34042

Comment

• Ratboy
                    Experienced
                    • Jan 10 2019

I feel like I'm hacking your build thread, sorry. The PO never mentioned overheating issues but when I resurrected the car after sitting for 29yrs it did. Fixed that. So now I'm just being cautious. I'll wait to see if there's an issue....

Comment

• keith
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Feb 13 2010

That's the best part of this group, we are here to help. You didn't hack, you asked a very good question, ask away.
                      Keith
                      Sedalia, Mo.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍