Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NYsquarebird58
    Experienced
    • Feb 6 2012

Here’s the new reman A1 Cardone distributor I got from Rockauto. My only complaint is the vacuum advance. Good thing I have a new spare to install.

VTCI# 11860
    58HT - Thunderbird Registry Number: 37043 (Sold)

60HT - Thunderbird Registry Number: 37252 "Lucille" (Sold)

Comment

• NYsquarebird58
      Experienced
      • Feb 6 2012

I just received my exhaust valve spacer from Mac's and gaskets from Rockauto.

Gettin' ready for the Spring time!

VTCI# 11860

Comment

• NYsquarebird58
        Experienced
        • Feb 6 2012

Hello friends,

Today was a bittersweet day. My squarebird was sold to a gentleman in Miami and was just picked up today. Monika and I are buying our first home together and we really needed the funds. I even contemplated keeping her, but I new that for the foreseeable future I just wouldn't have the time or funds to give her the attention she needs (the T-Bird, not Monika) and didn't want the car sitting there deteriorating. The new owner is a real car guy and seems very enthusiastic about picking up where I left off.

To me the biggest part about owning this car was being part of this amazing community. I've been and continue to be involved in several different car circles and this one holds a special place for me. I want to thank you all for making this place so special. A special thanks to Ray Clark for all that you do. You really know how to roll out the welcome mat, and to Dave Dare who over the past few years has become a true friend of mine. You sir have taught me more about old cars than I could have ever learned on my own, and I'm really grateful to know you.

I saved two squarebirds and left them better than when I found them - and that's a good thing!

With that, I leave you with some recent pics of Lucille.

VTCI# 11860

Comment

• simplyconnected
          Administrator
          • May 26 2009

Wait just a doggone minute, there...
          First you sell your little Japanese car, then the Harley, now you sell Lucille and you bought a HOUSE?

Somehow, I hear babybuggy wheels squeakin' in your future, goomba. I would normally be sad to hear about you selling your Thunderbird, but I'm more happy for you and Monika. Marcelo, you're a good provider and I'm proud to call you, 'my friend'.

I don't know too many guys who actually pulled the 'setting pin' out of their own finger, when it came time. Ha! Tell Monika, if she ever delivers a baby NOT to invite you in the operating room.

Seriously though, you have an open invitation to stay with us if you ever visit Detroit. Robin & I would love to have you. - Dave

You picked a fine time to leave us, Lucille...
          Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
          --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• keith
            Super-Experienced
            • Feb 13 2010

Marcelo, Hope everything goes good for you on the new house. Thanks for sharing your projects with us. I liked how you adapted your wood working skills and tools. Like making the parts for your brake booster using a table saw!

Hope you come back with a new bird project in the near future.

Keith
            Keith
            Sedalia, Mo.
            sigpic
            CLICK HERE for Keith's web site

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

NYsquarebird58’ (NEW) Tbird

Marcelo, good friend, I am sorry to hear that Lucille has been given a new home. But I certainly understand the reasoning behind that. I hope you will tell the new owner about our Forum so that we can help him keep Lucille in great shape. Just because you no longer own a Tbird does not mean that you can't still provide input to others regarding theirs. You learned a lot about these old cars of ours that you can inpart to others. So don't go to far away! Good luck with your new endeavors!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
              The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
              Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
              Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
              https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• jopizz
                Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Marcelo,

I've been there many times. I can't tell you how many cars I've sold over the years because of family obligations. The thing is the itch never leaves you and somehow you always manage to scrape up enough money to buy something else. I wouldn't be surprised if you are back telling us of a new acquisition before too long.

John
                John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
                jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

Comment

• 46bird
                  • May 28 2014

Really Kool wheels! I have a set made by Wheel Vintiques on my truck. Woops, Sorry to hear that you had to sell it.

Comment

• YellowRose
                    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

NYsquarebird58’ (NEW) Tbird

I just turned over my calendar this morning to the Tbird of the Month for June. Guess who is looking at me now! Lucille! She was picked by me to be the Tbird of the Month for June! That was a nicely done picture, Marcelo and that is one reason why I picked her. Hopefully, down the road, there will be another Tbird in your future, as jopizz said....

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎