Collapse
No announcement yet.

July 4, 2009

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey cathie, I have to say you look alot younger in That picture. You didn't have glasses yet. !

Comment

• Coral
      Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

If I could remember were I made that avatar and its been less than a year, I could go back and add the glasses....

Comment

• tbird430
        Super-Experienced
        • Jun 18 2007

This was the 1st year in my life I never saw 4th of July fireworks!!

There was a massive rain storm that hit here about an hour before our local town fireworks were set to go off Sat night. Then, as some of you know, I left here for an out of state vaction that same weekend. I went to Red River, NM were they had a huge parade, car show, and 4th of July fireworks celebration. However, we arrived there at 5PM Sunday July 5th, so the fireworks I guess had all been "popped" and the classic cars long gone.

It was a weird holiday for me I guess? None the less, I've always supported our troops. Those who have served & who are currently serving. I hope you guys & gals had a great one with your families.

-Jon in TX.
        sigpic
        The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• tarps3
          Super-Experienced
          • Jul 21 2003

It rained us out too in Central Oklahoma.
          We just waited until Sunday to shoot 'em off.

the rain cooled off the weekend and it was sorta nice celebrating the 4th without 100-degree heat.

Of course, the heat came back with a vengeance since then!
          Supposed to have some relief this weekend.

side story:
          I went to an outdoor concert last weekend (started at 7:30 pm). Wanda Jackson was rockin' out! Love me some Wanda Jackson!

Anyway, the outdoor ampitheater consisted of rows of concrete benches with grassy aisles between them built into the side of a hill.

I'm tellin ya, after the concrete soaked up sun in 107-degree temps all day, that concrete scorched everyone's rear-end!
          I ended up standing most of the evening. it was literally a hot-plate feeling.

You'd be surprised how long concrete can hold heat and then radiate it out as the temp drops. That's why urban areas are sometimes 10 degrees hotter than rural areas.

doesn't really have anything to do with the topic at hand I guess
          Casey

Comment

• tbird430
            Super-Experienced
            • Jun 18 2007

Oh well. I read it & at least I know someone read my message too. After all, it is July 17th now. LOL!!!

-Jon in TX.
            sigpic
            The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎