• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

dball's '58 Tbird Pix

Welcome to Squarebirds, David.

He said we bought our 58 Tbird in 05 and have enjoyed every minute of it. I have done some research and found that it is on the Tbird registrty #3732, which I need to update. Oddly enough it was registered by Jed Zimmerman via the VTCI, whom I have seen in the Squarebirds Forums. I have found there were at least 3 other people that owned the car before the registration and know of two others not including us , that owned it since the registration. Unfortunately during it's life someone has removed the Data Plate so we do not know what the original exterior or interior colors were or the production date. I believe the exterior color was a turquoise through chips in the paint under the hood and have no idea of the interior. The pictures do not do it justice but the Pearl White seems to be the color perfect for her. The Vin Number is H8YH106365.

Here are some pix of his pretty '58 Tbird. Enjoy!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by YellowRose; April 15, 2009, 11:54 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Very nice!!! Hope Christine looks that good someday.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowRose
      Welcome to Squarebirds, David.

I have done some research and found that it is on the Tbird registrty #3732, which I need to update. Oddly enough it was registered by Jed Zimmerman via the VTCI, whom I have seen in the Squarebirds Forums. I have found there were at least 3 other people that owned the car before the registration and know of two others not including us , that owned it since the registration. Unfortunately during it's life someone has removed the Data Plate so we do not know what the original exterior or interior colors were or the production date. I believe the exterior color was a turquoise through chips in the paint under the hood and have no idea of the interior. The pictures do not do it justice but the Pearl White seems to be the color perfect for her. The Vin Number is H8YH106365.
      This is the info I had on my registry back in 1998;

VIN# H8Y H106365
      Data Codes 63A B? x7? ?? 4? 1?
      data plate removed and lost when car was recently painted with 21 coats of imperial white, car recently purchased for 12.5K from Don Kenny in 6/98, car fully restored with turquiose/whit interior, non-winterset wht exterior, all power, a/c and a non-orig 390cid engine. car is for sale as of 11/1/98 for 19.5K, 12/1 ffor 13.5K, after market A/C
      Dan Hall
      birdmen58@hotmail.com
      770-466-9185
      Loganville GA
      Registered 10/28/1998

Hope this helps.
      Last edited by Guest; April 16, 2009, 08:47 AM. Reason: sub correct V for H spelling error

Comment

The VIN#s and Date codes for the following registered birds are;
        106292 19C
        106407 20C
        106631 21C

Therefore could presume your date code to be 20C.

Comment

• dball
          • Apr 6 2009

Thanks Jed for all the information about my car. Just another example of why this site is the best. This is the first Ford I have owned and did not realize the engine had been changed to a 390 I have always assumed it was the original 352.

Comment

• tbird430
            Super-Experienced
            • Jun 18 2007

Great colors too!!

sigpic
            The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
              Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

David she is a real beauty from one 58 owner to another. Since you have the hood scoop trim piece chromed have you considered chroming the headlight plates as well
              Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
              Thunderbird Registry
              58HT #33317
              60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• dball
                • Apr 6 2009

The car already had the scoop cromed when I got it. I keep going back and forth about tje headlights and haven't decided yet.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎