Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cracken32racer
    • Aug 10 2017

window motor

on a 1966 Town Landau, If I remove the door glass from the regulator, Will I be able to remove the regulator and motor assy through the door inner access hole ?
    (motor is bad, window is up)
  • OUR5T8BIRD
    Experienced
    • Mar 1 2017

Originally posted by cracken32racer
    on a 1966 Town Landau, If I remove the door glass from the regulator, Will I be able to remove the regulator and motor assy through the door inner access hole ?
    (motor is bad, window is up)
    That is the only way it comes out although it would be better if the regulator was in the down mode . It does have to come out as an assembly . If by chance the motor still runs , it could be the gear that is gone . If the gear only is gone, you can pull the window up and down by hand . If the motor does not run, the brushes could be worn out . give it a whack with a hammer and it my run enough to come down for removal . Be careful with the regulator as it is spring loaded ( fingers ) .

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

Wait a minute before you start whacking with hammers.
      Window and seat motors never run for very long. They aren't like heater motors that may run for many hours. No, window motors only go about 50 revolutions, and done.

I have never seen a window motor with worn out brushes; gummy-dirty yes, but never worn out. Most of them can be restored to their original glory by simply cleaning the insides. There are no gears inside the motor.

We have instructions regarding window and seat motor repairs, so before tearing into one, know that there are fragile parts inside that need to be handled properly and without hammers. - Dave
      Last edited by simplyconnected; November 30, 2017, 11:17 AM.
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎