No announcement yet.

New Member with a Window Problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member with a Window Problem

I recently purchased a 59 Fairlane 4 door sedan which has a cracked left rear side window. I was able to remove the door panel but can't seem to find any information on how to remove the window glass. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jim
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Lower the window about halfway down then remove the regulator arm from the window rollers by pulling the retaining clips. Then lower the window all the way to the bottom stop. Remove the bottom stop so the window is all the way at the bottom of the door. Then raise the front part of the glass so it clears the channel and pull it out from the top of the door.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Originally posted by jopizz
      Lower the window about halfway down then remove the regulator arm from the window rollers by pulling the retaining clips. Then lower the window all the way to the bottom stop. Remove the bottom stop so the window is all the way at the bottom of the door. Then raise the front part of the glass so it clears the channel and pull it out from the top of the door.

John
      Thanks John, sounds pretty straight forward. Does anyone have a schematic from a shop manual they can share? Thanks, Jim

Comment

• jopizz
        Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Here's are a couple pictures. The steps I posted are pretty much word for word from the manual.
        Attached Files
        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
        jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Thanks again John. I'll give it a shot later this week. Jim

Comment

Mission Accomplished

Thanks to the valuable information obtained on this forum, I was able to successsfully replace the drivers side rear door glass on my 59 Fairlaine 4 dr sedan with a limited amount of grief and skinned knuckles. It was a tight fit and frustrating at times but I "Got 'er Done". Thanks for your help. Jim

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎