No announcement yet.

Removal of Quarter Window

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removal of Quarter Window

I have a 59' Bird and need to replace the quarter window.
    After loosening everything, I am still unable to slide it out. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Nikki
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Removal of Quarter Window

Removal of the quarter windows is one of the more difficult jobs on the Squarebird. It does seem impossible at times.

Did you disconnect the rollers from the channels?

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

Yes I disconnected rollers from channels, and the window still won't slide forward. It is loose as a goose, but it won't slide forward. Would it help if I lowered the window? I am ready to cut it out of the parts car, but I will still have to replace the broken one in the good car. Help me please!!!

Comment

• Alexander
        Webmaster
        • Oct 30 2002

Is the quarter window completely disconnected from the regulator. If it is, you can aid the removal by lowerling the regulator to the down position and putting some silicone grease on the the roof weather stripping. The weather stripping gets stiff over the years and inhibits the window's removal.

Alexander
        1959 Hardtop
        1960 Golde Top
        Alexander
        1959 Hard Top
        1960 Golde Top
        sigpic

Comment

This shouldn't be that hard, are you sure you have disconnected everything? I have often found that there is one angle that is right and when you find it its like a light bulb went on. Done my sure us cussing to and finger cutting.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎