X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yellowbird
    Experienced

• Jun 18 2009

Yellowbird is back on the road FINALLY!

It started in January of 2013 with not having brake lights. It has finished with a complete rewire under the dash using the original wiring, new dash pad, rebuilt wiper motor, rebuilt '58 radio, new speaker, new quartz clock, new driver window, new rubber seal in some areas, heater working, all gauges working, gauge needles repainted, interior chrome and stainless steel polished and shiny, new glove box, new sill plates, new door panels, new kick panels, new rear quarter panels, new foam, new upholstery.

Without the forum I could have not done this project. Everyone is very helpful and the TRL is spot on.

Special thanks are in order for:
    Dave Dare- Simplyconnected, your knowledge is second to none!
    Tom Taylor-Scumdog, thanks for your positive attitude when I was up against the wall on this project.
    Carl-Partsetal great used parts and info
    John Pizzi-Jopiz, Greg-Dakota Boy, Nyles-Tbird1044, CA58Bird-Jed, great foam for the seats, Gary Tayman for the radio work.

I apologize in advance if I have left someone out. All who have helped me are number 1 in my book. I hope that I can return the favors to others someday!
    Attached Files
    sigpic
  • V-John
    Experienced
    • Mar 22 2013

Hooray!

Nice seats
    1959 Thunderbird - Thunderbird Registry #46052

Comment

• Dakota Boy
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 30 2009

"What goes around comes around."

I don't really think I am much of an expert, but if my posts have been helpful, that's sure nice to hear.

5 yrs ago, I was the one who needed all the assistance....
      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• jopizz
        Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Leonard,

Congrats on getting yellowbird back on the road. Glad I could help out.

John
        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
        jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• simplyconnected
          Administrator
          • May 26 2009

Wow! You must reeeeeeeeeeeeely like your car to keep it in your office! Now I don't feel bad for having newly chromed '55 bumpers under my bed.

Ok, Len... Time to enjoy your beautiful Grandson and your beautiful Squarebird. Nice job! - Dave
          Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
          --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• scumdog
            Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Great stuff Leonard, a credit to you and as I've said more than once: "It looks as flash as a rat with a gold tooth"!!

Seriously, you did a King Midas job on that '58, you have plain done improvement on improvement on it over the years I've known you and added to the value and appearance of the car.

And,I've been lucky and priveleged enough to pilot the car on a hot sweaty Texas afternoon.

(0r was I hot and sweaty 'cos I was 'piloting' it down a freeway with no disc-brakes and no A/C - and coming from a 'drive on left with steering-wheel on right' country!!)
            A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
              Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Leonard glad to see Yellowbird is back on the road cruisin again. You have done a wonderful job in the upgrading with the help of our very knowledgeable members and the TRL. That is why I always say this is the best TBird site on the planet
              Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
              Thunderbird Registry
              58HT #33317
              60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍