X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Something To Be Aware Of...

I just received this email concerning Microsoft's intent to start forcing people into the newer versions of Internet Explorer. If you are happy with what you have and do not want to upgrade to the next generation of IE, you might want to uncheck your Automatic Updates. Otherwise, you might find that Microsoft Updates has just upgraded your browser to a higher level. This can be good, but it also can be bad if the newer level has bugs in it that need to be fixed. Click on the links and see what they have to say about this. I am pretty sure that our webmaster does not use Automatic Updates, but only updates what he wants to have updated. I am the say way. Check it all out, as it might be effecting your computer shortly, starting in January.

Microsoft has decided to start forcing people to update from older versions of Internet Explorer come January. If you have Automatic Updates enabled, the company says the update will be a seamless, Chrome-like experience. Windows XP users of Internet Explorer 6 and 7 will be upgraded to version 8, and Windows Vista users will be pushed up the stairs to Internet Explorer 9. IE9 doesn't work in Windows XP.
    While disappointment in the move is understandable, Ryan Gavin, senior director of Internet Explorer for Microsoft, makes a solid point. "If you're running a 10-year-old browser, it's not good for the Web and it's not good for the consumer. Getting more and more users onto a modern HTML5 browser is good for everyone."
    Be sure to check out the full coverage at

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Jimz Bird
    Experienced
    • Feb 3 2011

FWIW

I am a computer guy and do think the newer versions of IE are safer and quicker so would recommend that you do update to them.

With that said, I have developed an affinity for Google Chrome. Clean interface and fairly quick. Give it a try.
    Jim
    Jimz Greenie with a White Hat and Brown Guts (ZE-XG)
    sigpic

CLICK HERE for Jimz web site

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎