Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saverio
    Experienced
    • Mar 14 2005

Hey is it too late for me to get in on this?

A convertible was a rag top.
    leaving a patch,scratching off,laying out some rubber,and peeling out all = was accelerating too fast from a stop to leave rubber from your tires on road.
    High test gas was Premium
    Ethal, I think was also a name for Premium gas.
    a Goat, was a Pontiac GTO

thanks,

sal
    Sal III

60 T BD

Thunderbird Registry # 33126 - VTCI # 11138- CTCI #02521

Comment

• fomoco59
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 10 2005

Originally posted by saverio
      High test gas was Premium

sal
      Hah... High test is still Premium in my book. I stopped at a full service gas station recently and told the kid to "fill 'er with high test"... and he just stood there looking at me... didn't have a clue. My family laughs at me...
      sigpic
      Mike Lemmon
      '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• dancoresq
        • May 21 2009

Battery cut off from inside?

Has anyone done, seen or know of a product whereby one can cut power to the battery from a switch placed inside the car. I imagine that it would be something to the affect of the same shut off knob Ray pictured in this post, but with wires long enough so that a knob can be placed somewhere under the dash (or so) that it's inconspicuous but does not require opening the hood. While this request may sound odd/unnessesary, my car's garage is so narrow, that to get out the driver's door (with the window down, mind you), I have to park so close on the right that it's hard to get down to the battery. The knob as shown (while I certainly could make work), does require getting to the driver's side to pull the hood open and open it then around the to the right to turn the switch at the battery and then... you get the point. Long story short (not so much), basically, I generally have good access to only one side of the car. Any thoughts?

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Battery Disconnect Switch/Start Lock

Hi Dan,

There are a number of these type of switches available, including the Start Lock that I have on my battery. However, there are others that can be mounted in other places. Frank - ThunderDownunder, just sent me some information on this that I will post in the For Sale Forum, since they are on eBay. So go there and look at what I found that is available here in the US.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

There have been a few occasions where the contacts in the battery disconnect fail leaving you unable to start the car, but only a rare occurance.

I have this type of switch in my '34 inside the car as the battery is in the rear.

I'm sure you can get the same in the US as they are all made in China. Look under RV/ Offroad for dual battery switch

Richard

Comment

Oh and there's another Aussie thing

Caravan = Travel trailer?

Richard

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡