X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gold Bird
    Experienced
    • Nov 9 2007

Front seat foam

Well our good friend Jed sure came to the rescue on this one! Received my set today and took them to my interior guy right away. He was most impressed with the quality of them, he is very picky about the poor quality of repo parts these days. He has been in the business for over 35 years and remembers the good old days when things were not made in China! Anyway thanks to Jed for making the front and back seat foams, if anyone needs a new set he is the man!
    sigpic1960 Gold Bird, original owner since new. tbirdregistry #3158

Originally posted by Gold Bird
    Well our good friend Jed sure came to the rescue on this one! Received my set today and took them to my interior guy right away. He was most impressed with the quality of them, he is very picky about the poor quality of repo parts these days. He has been in the business for over 35 years and remembers the good old days when things were not made in China! Anyway thanks to Jed for making the front and back seat foams, if anyone needs a new set he is the man!
    Tom, thank you for your kind words and, thank you (and Ray) for motivating me to get this front seat foam fabrication opportunity going. My garage shop is now full of foam and currently doing 6 front seat foam sets, 2 rear seat foams and one steering wheel restoration. I have never cut so much foam, all at one time, in my life. My right forefinger is now numb from pushing on the on/off button on my electric carving knife. I cut foam yesterday for near 5 hours. Next week I have 12 more front seat foam orders to work on. So last night took apart my electric carving knife and replaced the push-on-off button with a standard toggle on-off switch. Now my finger will not get numb any longer.

The last 2 days I have transported two van loads of foam back to my shop from the foam supplier. I have bought out 3 Walmart stores of their in-stock 3M-45 aerosol adhesive, so yesterday placed an on-line order for 2 cases of the 3M adhesive.

This new work is very welcome for me, as my marine business in MN definitely is lagging this time of the winter. It’s great to be busy this time of the winter and being able to provide a much needed product for new clients. In 2 months the snow and ice will melt and I will be back on the boats.

Comment

• Gold Bird
      Experienced
      • Nov 9 2007

Jed, Glad you are so busy with the seat foams, sometimes you just never know where or when new opportunities come around! Again, like I said my upholstery guy was very impressed with the quality and he does not like much these days!
      sigpic1960 Gold Bird, original owner since new. tbirdregistry #3158

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎