No announcement yet.

Alexander's Car

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexander's Car

Alexander: Thank you for the picture of the car you sent for us to use to have the digitizing done for our embroidery company. This is the first test run we have made. The dimentions of the car are 10 inches long and 2 and 1/2 inches tall. There are 45,459 stitches in the design.

We will be making a black velvet wheel cover for the spare tire with this design on it. We will also have our names, Bob & Marti, under the design. We have also reduced the size of the design to fit a "left chest" for shirts and jackets.

Once again, thank you for the good photo.

Bob M.
    Attached Files
  • bcomo
    Super-Experienced
    • Sep 23 2005

Beautiful Job !!!!!!

I especially like the highlights on the chrome, and the shadow under the car. The car looks like it's on the ground rather that suspended in air. Really nice.
    Bart
    1960 Hard Top/430
    Thunderbird Registry Number 1231

Comment

• Alexander
      Webmaster
      • Oct 30 2002

I am out of the hospital today. Second round of chemomotherapy.

I love the embroidery.

Would you make theses for other members?
      Alexander
      1959 Hard Top
      1960 Golde Top
      sigpic

Comment

Very gald to hear from you and know that you are back home.
        When we get the finish product complete and all the kinks worked out we can sell to anyone who wants Embroidery work done.

At last I might get my car out of the paint shop at the end of this month.

Bob M

Comment

• SandyBoy
          Super-Experienced
          • Oct 31 2002

Blessings on us, my friend

Alexander just finished his 2nd session of chemomotherapy, and I just finished my 1st session. I have 23 to go. I don't know how I'll find the courage to endure the after affects. They are wicked and in me, lasted 82 hours. Any of you guys approaching age 48, go next week and get a colonoscopy. I didn't. I was scared. I was a virgin as far as invasive procedures went, and I felt perfect. Colin Cancer has no symptoms...well, no symptoms until it's too late! When the small blood droplets appear in your toilet, it's TOO LATE. I had 3 hour surgery on Nov. 19th to cut out 10 inches of Colin that had a Cancer Growth. No fun. THEN it was discovered that 11 tiny specks of Cancer took a side trip to my Liver, so, now I am spending every OTHER Tuesday in the hospital getting Chemo for 2+ hours followed by 46 hours at home with it connected to my body ! After that, it's back to the hospital on Thursday to have it disconected from my body. Then, I am sick - really really sick for 82 hours. Then I am okay from the next 8 days and then I go back for the next treatment. 23 more to go. Will be done July (the 3rd week).

GO GET YOURSELF CHECKED ! FEAR is THE strongest human EMOTION ! Fear almost killed me. My Dr. says that I have a very good chance of beating it. It's a loooooooong road back. I have also dropped 53 pounds, from the Chemo. I was not fat to begin with. (Now I wish I had been). I am weak all the time, too.

I have prayed for Alexander and myself, many many times. We are great people. We deserve better. Bless you my friend. I'm pulling for you, too. Everytime I pray for myself, I also pray for you. We Will Win ! You can call me whenever you want. We understand.
          Sandy

Comment

I,m prayin for both you guys. and ya some people don't deserve this stuff. Good bless and take care. Bill Newman

Comment

• SandyBoy
              Super-Experienced
              • Oct 31 2002

I am going to one of the biggest & best hospitals in New Jersey. Luckily, it's just 6 miles from home, a 20 minutes commute. The Cancer Center takes up an entire floor ! The average public has no clue what a major epidemic Cancer is! The elevator door opens to the 2nd floor. Picture mentally the autotorium at your high school. Recall all the seats? THAT is what the Cancer center waiting room looks like ! (and) There's a rear end IN every single seat. All waiting for infusions of Chemo, and this goes on and on and on from 6AM until way after dark. 65% or more are totally bald, from the Chemo. I am not, but have had just 1 treatment. If I start to lose it, I will have my head shaved, as is the current "fashion" anyhow. The #s of people affected is mind-blowing. I really think our government doesn't want the public at large to really know how massive this epidemic is. I don't drink, and I don't smoke and I never ever did illeage drugs. I eat well and always took good care of myself. I made 1 mistake, I was too scared to have a colonoscopy.
              Last edited by SandyBoy; February 11, 2008, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• fomoco59
                Super-Experienced
                • Jun 10 2005

My wife is also up to date on you and Alexander's situation and you are always in our prayers. I understand the fear, at 52 I finally got the courage to get the test. Was really simple and a relief to find good results. I agree, get the test, guys.
                sigpic
                Mike Lemmon
                '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• bcomo
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Sep 23 2005

My wife and I are also praying for you both.

I think that not understanding what's involved in a Colonoscopy is what stop guys from getting one. There's nothing to it at all. I've had it done twice.

They put a small I.V. in your arm, flow the happy juice, and you are in La-La land untill you wake up 20 minutes later. All they did during that time was to put a tiny flexible camera up your butt to look into your bowels. There is no pain either before, during, or after.

If you haven't had one -- please do it.
                  Bart
                  1960 Hard Top/430
                  Thunderbird Registry Number 1231

Comment

I to have been thinking about Alexander (and now Sandy), feeling pretty lucky about my experiences. I have done the colonoscopy thing and have had the "bad" pollups removed and on a 3 yr recall. The "happy juice" makes the whole thing relatively easy.

The other one that hit me and is important for all of us (guys) is prostate cancer. Again early diagnostics were very important. I started having PSA tests , which are a type of blood test, at 50. Unusual readings required further tests and ultimately the removal of my prostate (at 53) during the early stages. I would have not known otherwise until to late without the tests. I went into surgery feeling fine with absolutely not discomfort or symtoms and came out with a whole different point of view. Fortunately for me I have had 3 90 day PSA tests since the operation that have all been non-detect.

So again, along with the colonoscopy advise, get a PSA test done annually.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Common Bond

I have been thinking alot about Alexander and SandyBoy since we learned of their conditions. We all live our lives each day for what it brings us but in their cases it is another visit to the hospital, another round of chemo and another discussion with the doctor. We can only try to understand how this affects them and their families in dealing with this terrible disease.
                      To see all your posts of prayers and encouragement is outstanding and only strengthens our common bond. Our T-Birds were the catalyst of this site but it has quickly turned into freindship. For most of us, we have never met each other but have opened up our lives, through this common squarebird forum. As mentioned in an earlier post, I am proud to be part of this site and help out where I can.
                      To Alexander and SandyBoy, your input to our site does not go unoticed and we are all pulling for you to beat this disease. We are all here to help wherever we can.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                      Thunderbird Registry
                      58HT #33317
                      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• SandyBoy
                        Super-Experienced
                        • Oct 31 2002

As most of you know, I do not own, and have never owned a 1958-1960 T-Bird. Actually, I've never owned ANY T-Bird. I have always liked them, each year, as they appeared in showrooms (1964-1966 were my #1 Favorites) ~ but since my late Dad was a 1/3rd "silient partner" in an ICP store (Imperial, Chrysler, Plymouth) ~ we always had Imperials, so, naturally when I began working, I purchased my own Imperial, which later led to 5 or 6 subsequent Imperials, up to the last one I bought, a 1982. I joined this site as I had known Alexander thru our mutual relationship on another car make's owner-Site. About the time Alexander started up this site on Squarebirds, I started a site on my #1 love, asc / McLaren Mustangs & (Mercury) Capris. Both of us had few "followers" ~ so, we both joined one & other's boards. I never thought that years later i'd still be here, but I am. Not because of 58-60 T'Birds, but because of a big group of people that are hard to depart from, like Dan, above. Along the way, I've learned much about Squarebirds, too.

One of the first things one learns about this thing called Cancer is that you are far far far from alone! In my host hospital (one of - if not the biggest - in New Jersey and voted to be in the top 15 hospitals nationwide, is that the only department to occupy an ENTIRE floor is the Cancer Care Unit (CCU). You'll see people from their mid-twenties to their early seventies, recieving care. Male & Female in equal numbers.
                        I have my chemo infusion every OTHER Tuesday. I have about 12 hours after that to when I become sick. How Sick? Violently ill. I cannot leave the house, I cannot eat, I am OFF computer, I have the ShAkEs, I feel like I wannna vomit, (but I don't), my tummy feels like it's about to capsize, and I live on juice & bottled water. My vision is affected a bit, and I tremble due to feeling icey cold, and wear leather gloves around in the house. I don't leave the house. This lasts for about 85 hours, or 3 & 1/2 days. I begin to feel better by Saturday mid-afternoon. Then I have 9 days of feeling normal, before the 10th day when we do it all over again ! So, I loose like 12 days a month to this. We all do it, go thru it, in the name of killing this **** virus, and keeping hope that we, like many others, will soon put this all behind us. My Dr says my present tretment will end the 3rd week in July. I look forward to that. It's hope that keeps us going. It's good people around us, like those on here, that keeps us in "normal" mode.

I didn't have to have this. My fears of a colonoscopy gave it to me. I was petrified of being "put out" and having surgery (colonoscopy). I was a "Hospital & surgery VIRGIN" >> So.....
                        then 1 day I saw blood droplets in the toilet. I got scared & went & had the **** Colonoscopy. They found a growth in my colon. Yup, Cancer !
                        So, then I needed to have a 3+ hour major surgery, (Nov. 11th '07)instead of a 30 mintue "surgical procedure" in a Dr's. office, 4 years ago, that woulda found it, and removed it, BEFORE it became cancerous! Heed the need !

Alexander, if you read this, I pray for your winning this battle when I pray for myself. We are both covered on both fronts.
                        We have families that need us, and cars that await us. We cannot let either of them down! We suffer now, so that we can play later. Fight, my brother! (and) yes, as I learned at the hospital, it's okay to cry.
                        I witnessed a beautiful "HOT" sexy girl - about 26 or so - crying a river - learning that she had breast cancer. 3 continous hours, all during my own infusion, she cried, being held by her Mom. I began to cry for her. So sad for all those of us who know and have met the feeling of dispair and stared this epidemic in the face.

Sanford "Sandy" Block
                        New Jersey, USA.
                        Last edited by SandyBoy; February 13, 2008, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                          Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

SandyBoy Thank you for this.

Thunderbird Registry
                          58HT #33317
                          60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...