Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anders
    Super-Experienced
    • Jan 19 2008

These pics under the roof just get me curious. I realy want, but not sure I dare, to have a sneak preview under there....
    Is it possible to take the liner down, and reinstall it again?
    Ray: Go for the chrome! You´r already half way down the road to custom with those yellow wheels and button upholstery!
    Last edited by Anders; July 30, 2009, 05:35 PM.
    sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• DKheld
      Super-Experienced
      • Aug 27 2008

Headliner not easily removed

Anders,
      There are staples holding the headliner in place that would need to be replaced along the sides and I found it takes a special stapler to reinstall similar staples. I think it would be possible to look at the front header area if necessary.

Take a look at my after painting pic and you will see that the front tack strips are held in place with screws. If you were reeeeeeally lucky those tack or staple strips could be removed by cutting a small hole in the headliner (behind the chrome strip) and unscrewing the strips without removing the staples. Only the front (possibly the rear) have the screws - the sides are welded in place and the staples would need to come out. The headliner may or may not go back tightly so it could ruin the fit.

Maybe somene else will have a better idea but I wouldn't try it unless absolutely necessary.

Very poetically put BTW....

Eric Taylor
      registry 5347
      Last edited by DKheld; July 30, 2009, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

My Interior Work On Rose Continues...

Here are the latest pictures.. He is working on the back seat back rest now..

http://thunderbirds.fortunecity.com/...rdInterior.htm

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
        Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Dutchbird
          Experienced

• Dec 20 2005

Ray,

Thanks for the update!

Comment

Hey Ray,
            Looking good!
            Keep them photo's coming!!!
            Richard D. Hord

Comment

• Coral
              Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Ray, this is great.... your photography skills showing the detail is grand...the information you're providing is generously consumed by our members, and those that gather here to glean information, and is highly regarded!

Nothing like a real-time transformation to attract ones attention!
              Those foams that were removed showed considerable wear - something not seen, truly, in the before pic....Jed's foams are dynamite so far, and I can't think of a better place to get replacement foams!

I'm happy for you Ray... yer doing something special for yourself and Rose, all at the same time....

Im going to go back now and sort through ALL of my emails with you, to try and resolve the color combination...

its driving me batty... LOL

Comment

• YellowRose
                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Thanks, all. I hope this is interesting to you and not boring. I know that it is driving a few people batty, like a certain young woman, regarding the color scheme! I have taken a good number of pictures that show the back interior color scheme, but if I post them, it will give it all away, now wouldn't it! So ya'll will have to wait awhile longer.

It is interesting that Anders came up with chroming the interior though... Great minds think alike? lol.. Rose is starting to look like a new car again, on the inside. Even Danny, who has done more interior jobs on these old classic cars than he can remember, is getting excited about his work, and how it is looking! He is pleased with it and so am I.

As I said on the web page regarding the tips of those rear plastic arm rests, be careful with them. The area I am speaking of is at the very top of the form, and over on the left side. I think, when the new one gets here, I will take a picture of it and post it so you can see exactly where I am talking about. I think this one was broken before we started working on it, but we did not notice because it was covered with black material and blended in with the other black material next to it. With that material and the seat out of the car, we found it pretty quickly. As Don, at Bird Nest said, that area on those back arm rests seems to be the area that breaks off often. A complete arm rest is winging its way here, and Danny will have to do that one over again.

Tomorrow, I might make a run to Southwest Chrome, or the beginning of the week.

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• DKheld
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Aug 27 2008

Ray - very interesting following the progress - you're not boring me a bit. Already wanting to take my seat out to see if I have that tag.

I'm sure there will be differences of opinion on the way you refirbish your interior but like I have seen posted before - it's your car. The fact that it is still on the road after 50 years is more than many can say but yours is looking super to boot.

Had more than one person tell me I really messed up my one family owned Tbird by installing the disc brakes (even though I could put it back original if I wanted) but that's how I wanted to do it.

The progress pictures are great and I'm really looking forward to the unveiling.......

Eric
                  registry 5347

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Ray Rose's progress is coming along quite nicely and can't wait to see pics of the finished product, on your site soon
                    Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                    Thunderbird Registry
                    58HT #33317
                    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• YellowRose
                      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

My Interior Work On Rose Has Started

I know that some of you have been following the progress of YellowRose as she gets a new interior. This picture is what she looked like today, after Danny worked on her, when I went to see her earlier this afternoon! She has had a lot of work done on her since you last saw her. I think she is more aerodynamically improved and the airconditioning has been changed considerably also! As you can see, she has gone through some drastic changes! Here is a picture.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Coral
                        Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Ray!

dunno, its all I can spit out right now, LOL

Comment

• tarps3
                          Super-Experienced
                          • Jul 21 2003

i bet it will get better gas mileage!

and it's definitely easier to work on.

Good job Ray!

now THAT'S a custom TBIRD!!!
                          Casey

Comment

Hey Ray,
                            I think the world of you, but that is ugly!
                            Richard D. Hord

Comment

• YellowRose
                              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

My Interior Work On Rose Has Started

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I bet the person who owns it thinks it is a beautiful thing in his or her eyes. I had stopped at a Stop N Rob on the way back from SouthWest Chrome Plating, for a snack and a root beer. When I came out, that was sitting off to my right. Luckily, I had my camera with me and got a shot of it quickly. I figured I would have some fun with that picture, and so far, I have!

Comment

• YellowRose
                                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

The back seat back rest has been nearly completed. I am waiting for a replacement rear drivers side arm rest form to come in from Bird Nest to replace the broken one. When I get it, Danny will replace that the broken one after he covers the new one. The back seat back rest is looking good! Now he is working on taking the old foam pad off the back seat bench seat. Here is the link to the interior work and the new pictures I just posted. We found the FOMOCO Part Nr's for the bench seat foam pad in a big circle in the middle of the center section, but no ROT sheet... Yet....

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎