Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raptor1962
    • Jul 11 2006

66 discs onto 61

I would like to update my 61's tired drums with a set of discs off of a 66 that sadly went to the crusher. I managed to get the upper and lower control arms, spindles, rotors and one caliper from the car before it met it's demise. What I need to know is if I have to do any mods to the car in order to bolt this set-up on it? Also, if you would be so kind as to clue me in to what vehicles I could strip a dual-bay master cylinder off of that would bolt on as well? The car has power brakes right now, but I just don't feel safe driving the car on the windy curves in my area. There are also some steep hills here too and I don't want to have to worry about brake fade. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
  • Hawkrod
    Experienced
    • Oct 31 2005

You don't need the control arms, just the spindles and rotors etc... it bolts right on. I used a late 60's early 70's f100 master cylinder but you have to adjust your booster push rod to the spec for the truck (i have the truck shop manual if you can't find the spec). You also need to reconfigure the support over the master cylinder. I used a 66 and cut out the center where the shock mounts and drilled new mounting holes (66 has a different number and location than 61-63) and then cut the tab off of the 62 mount and bolted it over the 66 mount. Click on my pictures to see how I did it: http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/1809/9627 . Hawkrod

Comment

• byersmtrco
      Super-Experienced
      • Sep 28 2004

That's a very cool set up.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡