X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tarps3
    Super-Experienced
    • Jul 21 2003

heater blower motor

I have installed a new heater switch, fuse, and working blower motor on my '60 T-Bird (non-air conditioned). When I flip the switch, the dome light dims (indicating current draw), but the blower motor doesn't run. I've tried grounding it differently but that didn't help. I've direct-wired the blower to a power source and it works that way. For some reason, I can't get current to the terminals of the blower. Am I missing a ground somewhere or another relay of some sort?
    Casey
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: heater blower motor

You should have a red and orange wire going to the two corresponding connectors on the heater blower motor. Have you tried to use a test light to see if there is current going through the orage and red wires going to the blower motor? Connect the clip of the test light to a ground and then put the tip of the test light probe end of the wires going to the fan when the fan is on high or low. One wire is for high. One is for low.

This diagram is from www.tbirdranch.com

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

• tarps3
      Super-Experienced
      • Jul 21 2003

I will try the test light as soon as I get one. Do they have them at places like Autozone? I have a copy of that diagram and as far as I can tell, everything is hooked up right.
      I'll try the test light.
      thanks again,
      Casey
      Casey

Comment

• Alexander
        Webmaster
        • Oct 30 2002

Autozone as any other auto parts supply house has test light. You also get one from Radio Shack. Make sure it is for 12 volts.

Alexander
        1959 Hardtop
        1960 Golde Top
        Alexander
        1959 Hard Top
        1960 Golde Top
        sigpic

Comment

• tarps3
          Super-Experienced
          • Jul 21 2003

Why does the wiring diagram show a wire going to a fuse terminal in a fuse panel? Isn't the fuse an in-line fuse? I traced it to an in-line fuse under the left side of the dash. Is this correct or is there an actual fuse panel somewhere?
          Casey
          Casey

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎