Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill125
    • Oct 17 2011

62 - Washer control switch location

A good friend of mine has a 62 Thunderbird and he has been searching for at least 2 years to find where the windshield washer control switch should be located. He has the washer fluid system all working but he does not know where the switch to squirt the washer fluid should be located.

Anyone here have this information?

Thanks in advance.
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Do a Search on 'Windshield Washer'.
    Here's one post from that search:
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• ozbird
      Apprentice
      • Sep 21 2009

Hi,

I have a 62; as well, it has working washers. All I have to do to activate them is press in the windscreen washer switch and it starts up the pump. (I have not used it much, hmmm, or was it turn to the left, anyway it's all in the switch.

Graeme

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Graeme! Thanks for posting that. Where, on the instrument panel or dashboard is that windscreen washer switch actually located? Is it part of the knob or switch that turns the windshield wipers on? I was looking at pictures of Bulletbird instrument panel and could not determine where it is located.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
        Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• ozbird
          Apprentice
          • Sep 21 2009

Hi,

happy to help, actually the switch is the windscreen wiper switch, located in the dashboard under the gauges. Turn once to the right for low speed and once again for high speed. Press in to get washers involved.

Graeme

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Thanks, Graeme! Now Bill125 can tell his friend who has been trying to figure out how to make the washers work, where the switch is. Apparently, he has not tried to push the switch in to make the washers work!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
            Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Bill125
              • Oct 17 2011

Thank you.

I will let him know.

Comment

• dons62tbird
                • Jun 7 2012

I have a 62. Pulling on the wiper switch sprays the cleaner. I think the square birds it was push.

Yesterday I tried to redirect my washer motor/pump. No luck. I think it needs a complete rebuild or just replace. I had it squirting and then nothing. I think the moto May have went. I have rebuilt and hand built motors so I am sure it won't be too hard. The pump on the other hand....... Noisy and the bushing is coming out. We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎