No announcement yet.

R&D for Bulletbird rear seat foams

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

R&D for Bulletbird rear seat foams

Dear Birders, as many of you know, I have been fabricating rear seat foams for squarebirds since 1995 and have done many for squarebird owners all over the world. Occasionally over the years I have been asked if I also do rear seat foams for bulletbirds. Thus far I have not done any bulletbird foams because I have not obtained measurements or developed pattern templates. However I am now contemplating doing such because there are no aftermarket bulletbird rear seat foams available and I do feel there may be a small niche market for these foams. Do the rear seat foams of bullet birds deteriorate into a powdered mess like squarebird seat foams? I would suspect as much.

My invitation would be to a bulletbird owner in need of rear foams to participate with me in shipping the seat frames to me and providing the owners manual upholstery schematic to me so that I could develop the correct measurements and dimensions for patterns and templates. Ultimately, in my first off fabrication of these bullet bird rear foams, it would be best if I would also do the upholstering of the newly fabricated foams onto the frames and provide the complete finished product. This would then provide me with the actual hands on verification that the fabricated foams were of the correct contour and size to accommodate the upholstery seat covers.

Once I have obtained the exact measurements and produced the pattern templates, I could then replicate fabricated rear seat foams for bulletbirds upon request. My price for 58-60 rear seat foams is $350 + shipping of about $30, so suppose I should establish the same price for 61-63 rear seat foams. My thought, to gain this opportunity for template design, would be to credit the cost of the owners to/from seat frame shipping against the overall price of $380. After all of my original design, first fabrication and the final upholstery, I could make readily available rear seat foams for interested bulletbird owners for the price of $350 plus shipping.

The additional cost for my time and materials to do the upholstery would be approximately $200, which may be dependent upon what condition the frames are in and if any rust removal or painting may be required.

If this all makes sense and you have an interest, it probably would be best to discuss this at further length over the telephone with you. I would look forward to your call. My cell fon# is 612-708-2144. My emails are either Ca58tbird@aol.com or Askhow@aol.com. I also have pictures of the seat foam fabrication process, the finished foams and the finished upholstered rear seats at I can send via email or you can also look at them at http://www.fototime.com/inv/57F8EACECABB57D

Best Birding,
    Jed Zimmerman
    58ht
  • tbird430
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 18 2007

Sounds like a good ideal Jed. Any Bullet-Bird takers out there??
    sigpic
    The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎