X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anders
    Super-Experienced
    • Jan 19 2008

Got it.

This ( pic down ) made me confused, as it seems to be quite a distance to the backrest.

But one birdwiew from somewhere around the mirror on the fender would be cool
    Attached Files
    Last edited by YellowRose; March 22, 2009, 12:36 PM. Reason: Accidentally deleted picture!
    sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• bcomo
      Super-Experienced
      • Sep 23 2005

Sal --

Can you give us a report on how your car drives with the Continental Kit?

If you remember, there was a thread on adding the Continental Kit and posts that mentioned that the weight of the kit in the back affected the front end steering.

So, can you give us any information on that?

Thanks
      Bart
      1960 Hard Top/430
      Thunderbird Registry Number 1231

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

here's Christine!!!

Hi Anders,

What you were looking at in the second picture was from the back of the car to the front interior without the cover being in place. Several of those pictures were taken by the vineyard, without the cover on, including that one.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
        Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• saverio
          Experienced
          • Mar 14 2005

Thank You All,your Comments Are Humbling

As is all of your projects, this was a labor of love. She may not be perfect but she's perfect to me.

The steering drifts at the lower speeds say 35 MPH, but once i get up to 60 and above she handles fine. I should change from the originals to steel belted they say that will improve the handling. The ride is smoother then my Navigator or Contienental.

Living in 9 degree weather is one of the major reasons
          I left N.J. for California, 7 years ago. besides i get to ride around most of the year.

If you have any other questions, I will be more than happy to answer them.
          Happy Holidays to all.

Sal
          Sal III

60 T BD

Thunderbird Registry # 33126 - VTCI # 11138- CTCI #02521

Comment

• Penelope
            Super-Experienced
            • Mar 4 2008

Originally posted by Dan Leavens
            Bill you are being awfully quiet about the converstaion with your wife about the continental kit?? How did that weekend go and how much did it cost you?? I have been away for about a week, did I miss something??

Dano Calgary, Alberta Canada
            Dano, it would be fair to say that I was outvoted by the Ministry of Defence in regards to a Continental Kit. She just doesnt like the look of them and I was informed that I could get one "if you think that its the right thing". Every married man knows the answer to that one.....

Having said that I plan on showing her the pictures of Sal's magnificent car and am hoping that I can change her mind. If I am successful, I will let you know!

Love, love , love the car Sal...
            sigpicBill
            Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• Anders
              Super-Experienced
              • Jan 19 2008

This is risky, but I agree with the Ministry of Defence here. I like the rear as it is way too much. BUT, and this is a big but, Sal´s is the exception to the rule. I guess it´s the convertible and tonnau that help to do the trick. The rear overhang impression is sensational. Sal´s car is maybe the nicest Squarebird I have seen ever. Except for Ruth then of course ( Sorry dear...).
              Last edited by Anders; December 17, 2008, 06:46 PM.
              sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
              http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• RustyNCa
                Super-Experienced
                • May 31 2007

Originally posted by saverio

Living in 9 degree weather is one of the major reasons
                I left N.J. for California, 7 years ago. besides i get to ride around most of the year.

If you have any other questions, I will be more than happy to answer them.
                Happy Holidays to all.

Sal
                Are the photos of your car and the other birds a show in Sac? I see you have run it over to Napa, or Sonoma?

If you are ever interested in running it up here to Redding for Kool April Nights let me know, we could hook up. My girl and I have entered the 65 Special and the 68 Olds in the show this year.

It's for the week of April 15 to 19 this year.

Comment

• saverio
                  Experienced
                  • Mar 14 2005

It was Napa, and also a show in Los Gatos. The local club here is NORCAL VTCA (vintage thunderbird club of America)look them up.
                  I will keep Kool April nights on my calendar.

thanks
                  SAL
                  Sal III

60 T BD

Comment

• YellowRose
                    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

here's Christine!!!

Sal sent me a couple of pictures of his engine earlier today. I have just uploaded them to Sal's Christine on Photobucket. You can view them by going here... Same link as before..I notice that Sal's Gal looks like she has the under dash brake booster ya'll have been talking about. At least it looks like the brake fluid container is like in my '59 engine bay. I do not see that big drum version. But then the view is partially blocked. But enough of that area is showing so I would think one would see it if it was there.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• bcomo
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Sep 23 2005

That's what it looks like Ray.

That would make Sal's 60 an earlier production 60, since the Bendix firewall type was introduced in late 60.
                      (At least that's what I'm understanding from what I read on that thread)
                      Bart
                      1960 Hard Top/430
                      Thunderbird Registry Number 1231

Comment

• fomoco59
                        Super-Experienced
                        • Jun 10 2005

Seems I remember you could tell if it was an early '60 by the rear fender "hash marks" too. If they were screwed in from the outside it was early (and ugly), but if studs and nutted from inside the trunk it was later? Mine were nutted on the inside but I can't get to the "Registry" to see what the VIN # was. (sold it) I don't have the OFS to see if it's mentioned but a buddy of mine had an original early one that had screws.
                        sigpic
                        Mike Lemmon
                        '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• tbird430
                          Super-Experienced
                          • Jun 18 2007

You are correct Mike, the early 1960's had screw on rear 1/4 panel medallions & they also had the totally smooth ext. rear roof sail panels too.
                          sigpic
                          The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• saverio
                            Experienced
                            • Mar 14 2005

updates

Christine was born Nov.20. Her hash marks are screwed in from the outside.

She has regular brakes and only has a master cylinder and reserve which i just changed recently.

Power steering and windows,390 engine,original radio works,new A/C under hood with built in ducts under dash.

I will be installing a new detent plate this winter. I also installed an overflow recovery system on the radiator. And (ugh) a new head gasket.

sal
                            Sal III

60 T BD

Comment

I wonder when they changed from screws to studs? Mine is the 14536th one with a 20L (NOV 20 1959) and It has smooth sail panels. John at the registry said I have an odd ball being gunmetel with a two tone beige interior. Power steering is all it had. It might have been right behind yours coming down the line?..........Bill

Comment

• tbird430
                                Super-Experienced
                                • Jun 18 2007

It seems that I read somewhere the later style "studed" 1/4 panel ornaments were molded differently so that they fit the contours of the T-Bird body better as they traveled down the length of the car.
                                sigpic
                                The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎