X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, Texas Tom !!

Welcome to Squarebird, Tom! Tom hales from Texas and owns a '60 Golde Top #186891! Wow! I know we are gonna want to know more about this Tbird! What exterior/interior color? Which engine? Stuff like that. I know the guys and gals are gonna want to see a picture of her! If you have pictures you would like to share with us, please contact Cathie ~ Coral by email or Private Message (PM). She can tell you how to go about posting pictures. If you need any help with her, please post in the Gold Top (Sunroof) Forum. We have the best Tbird Techies from around the world on here, and they will be glad to help. Should you have problems navigating our Forum, please contact me. Enjoy the Journey!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Texas Tom
    • Jan 14 2010

Thanks for the welcome

Here are a few of the specifics on this Bird, which I have forwarded on to the registry:
    VIN = 0Y71Y186891
    Data Plate = Body - 63A
    Color - X
    Trim - 86
    Date - 25H
    Trans - 4
    Axle - 3
    Car is Burgandy, has a 352 engine, Cruise-O-Matic trans, SelectAire Conditioner, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Power Windows, Fender Skirts, Black Leather Interior, Deck Lid Mounted Antenna, Chrome Dress-up Kit on Engine. Car is complete except for Wind bar & stanchions.
    Car was running when purchased locally (Houston) in 1983 however has been garaged since 1992, needs a full restoration. This is our next project after we complete my 20yr old sons first car, a 1970 Ford Torino GT Convertible.

I am excited about this forum. I am looking forward to making many new friends, absorbing as much information as possible, and helping out where possible.

Again, thanks and happy cruising

Comment

Hey Tom,
      Welcome! Geez I jealous, love the Golde Top Editions! Please post pictures, we love pictures! If you have questions or need to comment jump right in. Here you will find the best old car enthusiasts in the world and also pretty good mechanics!
      Once again welcome!!!
      Richard D. Hord

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, Texas Tom !!

Greetings from San Antonio, Tom! Thanks for posting the information regarding your Tbird. It is to bad that it is missing the wind bar and stanchions because they are nearly impossible to find. When you do find one, it is going to cost more than $500, more than likely. Unless you can find a Golde Top that is being parted out that still has the wind bar on it. I know people on this forum who have been looking for a Golde Top parts car for several years and have not found one yet with the wind bar still on it.

Here is something that you might want to check. Look at the top front of the car where the wind bar would be mounted. Are the holes drilled for the wind bar there? If there are no holes drilled, it could indicate that the Golde Top was not put on at the factory. I was told by the company on the east coast that was/is doing Golde Top installations, that when the company that was doing the Golde Top installations at the factory, (ASC/BOSCO as I recall) went out of business, they bought all their parts. However, what they did not get was the wind bars and stanchions.. So she told me.. That company was ASLAuto, I think. http://www.aslauto.com/

So, over the years, some '60 Tbirds were made into Golde Tops after initial production, by this east coast company without the wind bars because they do not have them.

So it might be interesting to you to know if yours has the holes drilled already, or not. Of course, they could have been drilled at the factory, and filled in. Someone, in the past, might have taken off the wind bar and sold it. It is still a Golde Top to me, whether it was made at the factory or after market.

I did some quick research of the Golde Top Forum, and if you would like more information on the Golde Top and wind bar, you will find what I wrote here.

http://www.squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=6911
        Last edited by YellowRose; January 15, 2010, 01:55 AM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
        Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Dan Leavens
          Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Tom also welcome to our truly international site where you will find some of the most knowledgeable birders around. Ask any questionanswer where you canand participate often.
          Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
          Thunderbird Registry
          58HT #33317
          60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• scumdog
            Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Welcome my namesake (Tom), nice sounding car!.

This is a great site for advice and info, I check it regularly.
            A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎