This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:52 PM
Apprentice

Sherman is on a distinguished road
Default 1959 Thunderbird Convertible

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/2380999271.html
Old 05-15-2011, 02:21 AM
Super-Experienced and a really nice guy!

YellowRose is on a distinguished road

The location of this Tbird, according to the Craigslist ad, is in China..... I was wondering why China was at the top after the price. Then I read the very bottom as to its location.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 05-15-2011, 04:21 PM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

I like this part:
I am asking $36500 or best offer.
I also have over $10000 in rare hard to find spare parts (including an additional convertible frame and many convertible and A/C parts). These parts are included in the selling price.
NO trades
I have receipts and pictures of everything that was done to this car. I do not need to sell the car and Iím not in a hurry.
All offers must be made in person after seeing the vehicle.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 05-15-2011, 04:30 PM

Yes! Apparently, if he does sell it, he wants to sell it to someone in China! Or someone who can afford to travel there to check it out and pay for it there if he wants to buy it. I am beginning to wonder if there isn't something fishy about this ad....

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781
Old 05-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Slow Typist

The car will be worth more in transportation costs than initial value if it comes back to the States.

--Lee Iacocca
Old 05-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Apprentice

Please gentleman, before you "throw me under the bus," I live in a city named China Township, 48054. The city is a small rural town located roughly 50-55 miles outside of Detroit Michigan.

At one time I was a more avid member of this forum and with the help of many Q&A, I assembled this car.

As a fellow Thunderbird enthusiast, I thought to advertise it on this page hoping someone would appreciate it as much as I and not simply park it in a garage.

Thank you for looking at my post.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:37 PM

ROFLMBO... Welll, that explains that! I thought it was a bit strange that there would be a Tbird like this for sale in China. But! These old Tbirds of ours seem to show up all over the world in unexpected places. Thanks for the explanation, but I was going by what was said in the ad! I thought that you were just reporting on a ad that you saw on Craigslist. I didn't realize that you were the owner! Hey Dave, here is your chance to own a Tbird and add that to your stable of classics! He is not to far from you!

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 05-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Experienced

redstangbob is on a distinguished road

Yup, Dave needs a tbird
Old 05-15-2011, 10:42 PM
Slow Typist

Hey, y'know I can be pretty dense at times, too. My first dog (named China) came from Marsh Rd and Meisner Rd's in East China Twp. It's a little more than 45-miles from Royal Oak, and VERY CLOSE to Port Huron (Hometown of Thomas Edison).

My sons played football in the East China stadium when they played Marine City, MI. The stadium is gorgeous, and shared by three high schools. As you may guess, the whole area is rural and perfect for raising kids. Sarnia, Ontario, Canada is just across the Blue Wate Bridge (only 20 miles from East China Township).

We normally don't refer to the area as "China." That's what threw me. East China Township is 6,637 miles (10,681 km) from Beijing (in the REAL China). HA!.. I don't think I have ever seen an Asian in East China Twp.

After looking closely at the map, I notice there is a China Twp and an EAST China Twp., but they both share the same zip code. Now I'm really confused.

Guys, I would bop over there and buy the Thunderbird but I need that money to restore my current projects. If I got another car, Robin would string me up. I do appreciate your concern and advice. Actually, I'd love to have a Squarebird, someday. - Dave

--Lee Iacocca
Old 05-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Apprentice

Thanks for the responses! I thought you guys were going to ask me for my birth certificate next. HA