No announcement yet.

bought 60 golde top

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

bought 60 golde top

Hi there I talked about buying this car after it was not sold on Ebay, went and talked to the guy and ended up buying it, he had the original build sheet, car was restored but he put a 460 and C6 in it colors are white over turquoise....looks pretty good, I have a lead on an original power train in case I want to swap it back. He took out the dash pad and did not replace, just painted the metal, does not look bad but I want to put a dash pad back in it...how do you do it, how much trouble and frustration will I have, he also gave me about twenty books and manuals for this and he 57 I also bought from him ( he made me a great deal! ) again thanks for all the help in answering my questions on these cars, I drove it about 80 miles yesterday.......what a great car!!
  • Dan Leavens
    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Mike congrats on the purchase of the Golde Top and I am sure you will enjoy many years of cruisin. On the forum main page, in the black header fields there is a search button. Push this enter the word " dashpad" and it will pull up all threads that have the word dashpad included. After viewing these threads this might answer your question about installing from our other members.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
    Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
    Thunderbird Registry
    58HT #33317
    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• wickdogg
      • Sep 16 2007

I replaced my dash about a year ago and it was quite an experience. There is a post in the technical section of this website. It is really helpful. I suggest you take a few days and take your time. You can also replace a lot of hard to get to components while you have that dash out like bulbs, wiring, windshield wiper components, heater core, and things of that nature that are hard to get to any other time. It would have been a bit easier with another pair of hands helping me out, but I did it all myself. The project got me a trip to the emergency room as well because I had a little accident while cutting out the A/C hole with a razor knife. The dash looks really good now but I will probably never want to do it again. If you need a few pictures I can e-mail them to you of the whole ordeal. Just let me know! Congrats on your new purchases.

Aric

Aric

Comment

• byersmtrco
        Super-Experienced
        • Sep 28 2004

Congrats !!! Sunroofs are so cool. So rare too. It has a 460?? Must haul a$$ !! Takes my theory to the limit. "No replacement for displacement" I always say.
        Enjoy !!!!!

Comment

Dash pad

As previously suggested,take you time I did mine a while ago and now I have to go back and make a few adjustments.Like the glove box is not right.I forgot to screw the metal dash to the firewall,so now I have to loosen everything else in order to fasten it properly.Also as mentioned do anything you might think of behind dash while it is out,because this is a once in a lifetime job.Be careful many sharp edges.
          Here are a few pics of mine.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎