No announcement yet.

Lost?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost?

I know somewhere on this site there is a picture of a radiator heater modification. It shows a vlv on the inlet hose in the engine compartment. Also I think it states how this works from inside of the car. Alex can you help me find this? I guess I'm just to old to find it again. Thanks Jon:-(

RE: Lost?

>I know somewhere on this site there is a picture of a
    >radiator heater modification. It shows a vlv on the inlet
    >hose in the engine compartment. Also I think it states how
    >this works from inside of the car. Alex can you help me find
    >this? I guess I'm just to old to find it again. Thanks
    >Jon:-(

If I remember correctly, what you were looking at was a generic inline, cable controled valve that's wired up to the existing heater temp control.

You can get them at any parts store.

Comment

Yep that be the one but I wanted to read on how they hoked it up to the dash control. Jon

Comment

• byersmtrco
        Super-Experienced
        • Sep 28 2004

It's the same basic hookup.I did mine, but it was about 8 yrs ago. Right after that repl htr cntl valve bypass came out. Ronco makes it I think . . .
        Just make sure the valve is "off" when you have the temp lever on Low, and it opens as you go towards Hot. Knock on wood, my heater's been working good . . . Even better now with a 180 T'Stat. It blows warmer. I only have one speed on the Blwr motor though. Just High. No low speed.

John

Comment

• peeeot
          Experienced
          • Oct 23 2005

I'm trying to order a kit from Mac's for converting the heater control valve to an inline type. It sound like ya'll are saying that the valve itself is nothing special. Should I go ahead and wait for this kit to come in or is there a cheaper but equally effective solution to the leaking heater control valve problem?

The kit is $73.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎